Wednesday, January 19, 2011

34 for 34

 {via}

Last year, Sarah from 30 Something Drama Queen wrote a post on her 31st birthday. She listed 31 things she want to do while she's 31. She inspired me to do the same and although I am over a month late, here is my list of 34 things I want to do while I am 34.

1. Go back to Jamaica

2. Get my drivers license

3. Take a sewing or knitting class

4. Try to make dessert bars other than skor bars

5. Go back to Vegas with a bunch of girls

6. Buy orange lipstick

7. Send a card or a little something to each of the kind bloggers I've met last year

8. Create my postcard project

9. Go to eat a fancy, posh downtown resto with my hubby

10. Find a new job

11. Get another tattoo

12. Buy a really comfy pair of black super high heels

13. Reconnect with an old friend (my goal is one a year)

14. Visit New York

15. Finish reading Dying to Be Free: A Healing Guide for Families after a Suicide

16. Visit my mom again in California

17. Make my own cinnamon buns from scratch

18. Go to at least two concerts (or broadway shows)

19. Eat at a restaurant by myself

20. Have garlic night for Westside Crew

21. Learn how to make the perfect shortbread cookie

22. Volunteer somewhere

23. Watch the Superbowl this year and actually understand the game

24. Lose five pounds

25. Celebrate my late brother's 30th birthday in August

26. Buy something from Etsy

27. Catch up the season one of Modern Family

28. Organize the den

29. Celebrate our 5 yr anniversary on a beach

30. Write more for our Beach Junkies blog

31. Re-read all the Twilight books before Breaking Dawn comes out in Nov 18

32. Buy all six seasons of Sex and the City on DVD

33. Create cool albums of all our vacation photos

34. Go to Miami for my 35th birthday

11 comments:

this is me. said...

lose 5 lbs? girl, you look great! vegas with a bunch of girls?! i think i know those girls, oh wait, they're not just a bunch of girls ... they're sensational, too! lol volunteering is great, i do it with my work to feed the homeless.

lisa said...

Good luck accomplishing all these goals Leesh!

kat said...

so #5 will be accomplished this year in July

for #9, go to Sotto Sotto on Avenue Road - it's awesome there

you already did #13 (me!)

you don't even need or have to do #24 (you look awesome)

i'll do #31 with you (I'm already re-reading Twilight) and then we can have blog-discussions about the characters. Actually, I think I'm going to resurrect my Twilight Character Analysis from my old blog and post it.

great list!

JMJE said...

I did this last year on my 30th birthday. 30 for 30. We have some common ones on our lists. It's been fun to tackle so far.

Kasey Lynne said...

Jamaica is SOO beautiful! What are skor bars?
You sure comfy and super high heels should be in the same sentence? ;)

Your mom lives in Cali?? WHAT!

Ninjagaiden78 said...

That sounds like a really cool list.

windowshopz.com

Lin said...

I love your list. I think I'll start one when I turn 28 :)

I also love that your goals are all realistic. If you make a trip out to Vegas you'll have to let me know, it only takes me about 3.5 hrs to get there & I'd love to hang out with you!

Marz said...

Loved reading your list Leesh and I wish you luck in meeting your goals. I know you can do it! Although you do not have to lose five pounds - you are absolutely gorgeous! My birthday is in March and I'm going to start putting my list together. One thing on my list is to learn how to walk in super high heels. I hate that I can't and I made that one of my New Years resolutions :) And I so want to join you for number 34 - I had the time of my life in South Beach!

my name is lauren. said...

i love this!

you have such a great list! i think i'm going to have to start a list of my own. not sure what i'll put on it, but you've definitely inspired me :).

Angie said...

Can you take off or atleast scratch off send a little card or something to a fellow friend blogger... because you totally did that AFTER you turned 34, and well I was floored upon receiving your card. So scratch that out! :) Your list is great, but you are perfect!

Elisse said...

This is a fun fun list! Very attainable, and you'll feel good as you start checking things off. I wish I only had 5 lbs to lose!