Sunday, January 2, 2011

how I spent new years day

Okay, so I have been in my home since Thursday. I finally left the condo today to go to the mall with Mike to return something. I honestly didn't mind being at home because I didn't spend any money. Although there is a little something I want to buy, I'm still on the fence about it, I'll explain more later.

Asides from watching a ton of movies all week (I should create a mass list of everything I watched over the holidays), I pulled out my O-town concert DVD and also Backstreet Boys' collection of music videos. It was like going back in time (as Mike would say, taking it back to my childhood). Of all the videos, this one cracks me up the most. The dancing is hilarious. Now I know where D*ck in a Box stems from - BSB's dancing and the basketball scenes - it's so 90s and so Orlando-ish (where all boy bands come from).


After watching all these videos, I am really kicking myself for not buying a ticket for the NKOTBSB Tour. The problem is, they are going to be in Toronto on June 8 and 9 and it's a day after my anniversary (it's going to be 5 years this year) and I just know I am going to be on a beach somewhere. Oh well, they'll be back or maybe they will release a tour DVD.

I finally took the time to clean up my makeup kit. It's been a while since I've done this. We have a rule in our home that when you buy something new, something old must leave the house (you can either throw it out, donation it or give it to someone who you think may want it). In this case, I am going to throw out this makeup because it's damn old. I can't believe that I have gone this long without doing a sweep. So, here's what I am going rid of. It's a crappy photo but it doesn't matter since it's all going to the garbage.


What did you do New Years Day?
(since everything was closed)

P.S. - what do you think of this watch? I have tried it on twice and I am not sure if I should spend the dough on it. Not sure if I'll get sick of white eventually or if I should just go with a gold boyfriend watch. Decisions, decisions...

7 comments:

Elisse said...

Can you tell I'm blog reading all day today :P

Don't throw out the MAC makeup products! Remember you can return 6 used items in exchange for a new one!

Bestie and I went to The Bay, and they said we could return any MAC products, including used lipglosses and eyeshadows. The Bay will only exchange for a new lipstick, but the stand-alone MAC store will exchange for lipstick/eyeshadow or lip gloss!

I say get the watch - the white won't go out of style, I think. I've had my silver Fossil watch for a few years and I still get compliments :)

Sandy a la Mode said...

ohhh that watch is super cute! and backstreet boys, haha so fun!!

Maureen said...

oh wow! i really like the watch! maybe it will go on sale??

NKOTBSB will me missing you! next concert, we'll go together. that video you posted is so cheese, even the way they introduced themselves was mad cheese! LOL!

Kasey Lynne said...

I think you should buy the watch. That thing is rad. I'm looking at buying a white watch from Fossil too. I forgot the name of it though.

BSB & NKOTB were on Dick Clark's NYE thing....the dancing was SOOOO cheesy! I couldn't stand it!!! But I do hope they make a tour dvd...they have to!

kat said...

throwing out old makeup always hurts me because it's like throwing away money! I tossed out a bunch of old makeup a while back and i almost cried when i looked in the trash!

we've been watching old tv shows/movies too... seems like everyone was! :)

lisa said...

The watch is nice! As for throwing out old makeup, it pains me to do it every time, particularly because I don't use eyeshadows or lip glosses that often, and then poof! They've gotten really old but barely look used. I'm going to try to be better about wearing lipstick often because I've built up a pricey collection in the past year.

Marilen said...

You don't do "Back2Mac" recycling? I don't know if it's the same there, but if you bring back 6 containers, you can get a lipstick, gloss, or eye shadow.