Friday, January 14, 2011

It's Friday again and what haven't I done

Second Friday of January and I still haven't started my new Friday series. I have the nail challenge down packed but I'm having trouble with Fave Fridays or Friday Favorites (not sure what I am going to call it). This is why I don't like writing what I want to accomplish because it's an extreme letdown when I can't do it. I will get to it one day, just not today.

 
Is it me or did this week drag? I am glad it's Friday but it took too long to get here.  It's almost 9:00 pm and I am ready for bed but I want to watch Piranha first. I know it's going to be stupid but ever since I watched some documentary of these scary creatures, I am obsessed with wanting to watch the movie.

Although today was busy at work, I had the chance to meet up with an old coworker, EM. We worked together at a law firm and managed to keep in touch after I left back in 2004. Don't you love it when you keep in touch with that "one" fellow colleague after you've left? It was great to catch up with her and indulge in some Burger King (so bad for me). We chatted about her little girl (whose name is Alysha - she's my namesake and named after me, how sweet), future vacations and just life in general. I love this girl and I wished we still worked together. We talked about a lot of personal stuff, it's great that we could be so open with each other. I can't wait to see her again.

{photo credit via here}

After work, I went with my coworker, Robbie (let's just call her that but it's not her real name) to The Wedding Co. show over at The Carlu. For my job, we run some events at this beautiful venue so the event coordinator gave us some free tickets. Neither of us are getting married but we thought it was be a fun event. Some of my favorite exhibitors were:

Henkaa | bridesmaids dresses
Laura K Designs | wedding invitations
lifeimages | photography
booth | photo booths
Presidential Catering | fine catering
LOL candy | party goodies
J'adore Cakes Co. | cakes and sweets (macarons!)

 Isn't the third photo so cute?

We took a cute photo over at the photo booth and drank champagne. We could only absorb so much wedding stuff so left after an hour and a half. It was a great way to end the week. Before I end this post, take a look at this video - I was so excited when he played this song.

What are you up to this weekend?
p.s. looks like we aren't watching Piranha because it's not on Rogers on Demand. Boo on you for not having it available when you claim that movies come on Demand the same day as it does in the video stores

4 comments:

Kat said...

OMG the past week felt like the longest week ever! My days were all mixed up and for most of Thursday, I thought it was Friday so you could imagine how pissed I was when I realized it was only Thursday!

Piranhas are fascinating creatures; my ex used to have a few and I would watch as he fed them. That crazy frenzy eating they do - it's all true!

Elisse said...

Who says you can't go to wedding shows even though you're already married? Sounds like you had fun there - woo hoo to photobooth pics and champagne :)

Marz said...

I know exactly what you mean about that "one" fellow colleague that you just click with and miss long after you two no longer worked together. I hated my last job SO much! But the one thing that came out of that job that I will always be greatful for is my friend Erin who was that fellow colleague for me and who I still see reguarly. How sweet that EM named her daughter after you! How special :) I wish I could have taken my sister to the Wedding Co. event. It's been a lot of fun so far wedding planning together :) We also went to a Bridal Expo here on Saturday morning and had a great time! I hope you had a good weekend and I hope for both of us that this week is way better and faster!

Chelsey K said...

the booth is my friends company and product!!!

http://getthebooth.com/