Sunday, January 23, 2011

My weekend (Jan 21-23)

Why does Sunday come so quickly? I can't believe that although I woke up at 7:30 this morning, it's almost 2 pm. I have no idea what time the football game is on at but I plan to watch it and just chill out for the rest of the day.

Friday was a busy day. I had a work conference and our registration line was all screwed up. Anyway, the conference ran 30 mins behind schedule so my plans to go shopping after didn't happen. I got home after getting some groceries and just crawled into bed and watch an episode of Friday Night Lights. I am seriously going to miss this show when it comes to an end. Why it didn't hit off with Canadians will always be a mystery but I think it's because Canadians aren't really into football-based TV shows. Everyone does not realize what they are missing.

 {B & B}


Saturday morning was filled with cleaning and cooking. Earlier in the week, my younger sister-in-law wanted to borrow a dress for next weekend so she said she would come to take a look in my closet. Then my other sister-in-law sends me a text to say that they'll be in the area and will also be stopping by. Cool, cooking and having nine people in the condo won't be that bad, considering 3 of them are kids.  Mike and I cooked up some slow cooked korean bbq ribs, pork belly & kimchi, spicy sesame bean sprouts, rice w/ seaweed and for dessert, almond jelly with mandarin oranges. As we were waiting for both families to arrive, Mike's parents called to ask why they were not invited over and said that they would be coming over. Great 11 people in our condo which is less than 700 sq ft. Well, at the end of the day, no one was squished, everyone was fed and we all had a good time (I hope). Once everyone left, we cleaned up, turned on the dishwasher and headed straight to bed to watch some movies.
 


We watched Black Swan (wow, I just don't know what to think of it). It was a good movie but parts scared me so I read my In Style magazine (of course, with Natalie Portman) while watching. After, we watched You Again. Do me a favour and don't watch this movie. It sucks big time.

Today, I caught up on blog reading and commenting while watching an episode of One Tree Hill I missed back in December. I hate to say this but I am glad the show is ending this season because I find it very boring now. The storyline with Sarah and Quinn is tired and old. Maybe it's just this episode because it only focused on some characters rather than multiple story lines. If you still watch OTH, what do you think of this last and final season? Remember a time when it was all about Brooke and Lucas?


Which brings me to what else I was looking at online, Celebrity Bride Guide and Sophia Bush and Chad Michael Murray's wedding photos can be found on this site, along with so many other celebrities.

I hope you had a good weekend and are enjoying the rest of Sunday afternoon. Stay warm!

5 comments:

Kasey Lynne said...

sounds like you had a pretty fun weekend!!! All the food you made on Saturday sounds yummy!!! And how the heck did you watch Black Swan from your bed???? Do you have a secret to tell us readers? ;)


Personally, I never liked OTH...and it's been on for WAYY too long. Just cut it people!

The Girlie Blog said...

I would not have the energy to watch movies after all that cooking! Korean BBQ sounds absolutely delicious. Can I come over?

Kathy said...

sounds like you had a fun weekend! all i did was clean :(

this is me. said...

whew, full house for you then, huh? but, it still sounds like a fun weekend!

Maureen said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! But wait a sec... You watched black swan? Hope it wasn't it wasn't too scary for you. 26er has it. We'll probably end up watching it the next week or so...