Sunday, January 23, 2011

Product Review: Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Stick

Who isn't into lipstick these days? If you are obsessed like me, you are probably wanting to add to your lipstick collection. I read about Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Stick in a magazine (I can't remember which one) and decided to head over to the Sephora by my place. Unfortunately, they did not have any shades in stock that I wanted. A couple weeks later, I went to another Sephora location and they were fully stocked with every shade. I decided on two for now, Monte Carlo (magenta) and Shanghai (deep raspberry).

These lipsticks are a three-in-one product - it lines, colours and plumps. It's made without parabens, sulfates and phthalates but has the added goodness of antioxidant vitamins A, C and E for soft, smooth lips.

{monte carlo}

What I adore about these lip sticks is the shape of it. I love the creamy texture and the ease of application without a brush. The tingly feeling you get when you apply is a weird sensation at first but you get use to the minty flavour. The colour does last quite long and does not dry out.

Originally, I picked up two since the store had all the shades. I was planning to return Shanghai but after trying Monte Carlo, I am going to keep both and probably pick up a couple more (Brooklyn, Fresno, Tokyo, Barcelona and maybe Athens). I just went on Sephora's site and saw that there are a bunch of new shades that will be released soon. Be sure to check it out, each one is retailed at $23 CDN and $18 US.

3 comments:

this is me. said...

oh, it's cheaper too in US dollars! thanks for the tip, girl! i'm so envious that you are brave enough to do the brighter colors, like red, magenta, etc. maybe when we go to vegas you can pass on that courage live in person.

Kathy said...

i nearly bought a few lip glosses and other things i don't need from sephora yesterday ... i swear that place is pure evil!

lisa said...

Great review! I've built up a small collection of lipsticks over the past years, one in every colour I'd like to wear, and I really don't think I should go beyond that lol. The high-quality formulas last so long you don't need to re-apply often so it takes longer to use up a lipstick, and I'd really rather use one up than have to throw it out because it's gone bad!