Saturday, January 29, 2011

Recipe: Peach Cake


We had a whole can of peaches that we didn't know what to do with, so I searched online to find a quick and simple (and easy) recipe. This was done in no time and is really delicious. I added just a touch of the peach syrup to add more flavour. Enjoy!

Ingredients
    * 3 egg, beaten
    * 1 3/4 cups white sugar (I didn't have enough white sugar so I used 1 1/2 of white sugar and 1/4 cup brown sugar)
    * 1 cup vegetable oil
    * 2 cups all-purpose flour
    * 1 teaspoon salt
    * 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    * 1 teaspoon baking soda
    * 2 cups fresh peaches - peeled, pitted and sliced (or you can used canned peaches)
    * 1/2 cup chopped pecans

Directions
   1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
   2. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, oil, flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda, peaches and pecans. Mix thoroughly by hand.
   3. Pour into prepared 9x13 inch pan and bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 35 minutes or until done. (the original recipe said to cook for 50 minutes but after 35 minutes, it looked done to me and was even a bit burnt at the bottom)

5 comments:

Claire Kiefer said...

I have to skip this post cause I'll be too tempted to make it and I'm on a diet!!

cranberryportage said...

This is the same recipe that my friend NK gave me when we use to live in Whitehorse. I have not made it because I lost my tiny green recipe box. Now I can try it again.

The Food Junkie said...

Cool! Never thought of adding peaches to cake :) I love finding random things in the kitchen and trying to make something out of it ^^

Elisse said...

Great photo of your peach cake pieces!! It looks delish, and easy to make!

Micaela said...

you had me at easy! :)

my husband loves peaches so i'll have to try this one for me! thanks sweetie !