Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Sephora by OPI: A True Romantic


Welcome to week 1 of my nail polish challenge. I am determine to wear every single colour in the above gift set I received for Christmas. At least for 18 weeks, I will know exactly what colour I will be wearing. First up, A True Romantic. It's a very light colour and for those of you who know me, I really ♥ dark polish. I find that light polish doesn't apply properly and you need to apply more than two thick coats to get it all even. This polish is much more pink in real life, the photo actually makes the polish look like a lovely, every day colour. The photo below was taken from my iPhone (hubby's camera was nowhere to be found in the condo), it's crappy but I promise future posts will include a photo from a real camera.


Please excuse my rough, dry cuticles. I should have added some cuticle oil before taking the picture. I am not a big fan of this colour. It would be great for a french manicure but not to wear alone (well, in my opinion).

Nail tip #1
It's pretty tough to paint your own nails. If you get polish all over the sides or on your cuticle, it's okay. If you are like me, who paints their nails before bed, just leave the mess on your nails and when you shower the next morning, use a wet washcloth to remove all the excess polish left behind. It will leave you with a beautiful looking manicure.

8 comments:

Lin said...

That's a cute color but it is a little too light for my taste. Reminds me of something you'd wear if you had see a judge or wanted to look "serious", haha.

I always paint my nails before bed. I find that if I paint them any other time of the day I tend to do laundry or wash dishes, which completely chips them.

cranberryportage said...

With regards to dry cuticle, I will have to send you a bottle of the one I got at Ross (Borghese). It works and it makes my cuticle moisturized. For those extras polish around your nails, you need to buy the pen style nail remover- I think Avon still sells them.

Marilen said...

I like the natural look of this nail color. I am starting to do my own manicures, and I also use a wash cloth to remove the excess polish on my skin. Add that to the list of our similarities!

Steph S C-O said...

Exciting!! I actually like that colour! Can't wait to see the rest on you!!!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

That's a great neutral color. Very classy :)

I like the last row of polishes in your set, too! I love metallics!

Margarita said...

Great challenge!! I hate painting my nails, I find it chips so quickly!

Lindsey said...

that is what i do with my nails!! especially because one hand always looks worse than the other! love the blog!!!
lindsey

lisa said...

It's a pretty colour for everyday wear or if you're sick of dramatic colours and just want something neutral. And I totally do the same thing in the shower to get rid of messy nail polish! It works like a charm.