Monday, January 3, 2011

what I did over the 2010 holidays

{via}

I did nothing, so if you are looking for some excitement, you may need to look elsewhere because all I did over the holidays was watch movies. Yes, it's lame but at least I got to relax. Here's everything I watched, some of these I had already watched in the theatre but watched again because Mike hadn't seen it. This is in no particular order...
  1. The Dark Knight - I couldn't watch this movie when it came out back in 2008 for personal reasons. It was a good movie and Heath Ledger was awesome in it. Did he win an award for playing The Joker?
  2. Julie & Julia - I didn't finish it, I fell asleep but the movie was making me real hungry. I love Meryl Streep but not Amy Adams so much.
  3. Obsessed - I don't know why I wanted to watch this but the character Ali Larter plays is pure psycho. I didn't know anyone could be THAT crazy!
  4. Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps - this can go down as the longest movie ever. I started to watch it on New Years Eve and it continued into New Years Day. It's that long! Maybe it didn't make any sense to me because I didn't see the first one.
  5. 27 Dresses - Not a big fan of this movie but any movie with Katherine Heigl is great for background noise.
  6. Salt - I really enjoyed this movie and I don't think I would have watched it if Tom Cruise was the lead. Angelina Jolie is bad-ass.
  7. Step Up 3 - I saw this in the theatre but watched it again with the Solon Massive. It's cheesy - Step Up 1 and 2 are much better.
  8. The Town - Great movie. This was another one of my favorite movies. The best part...Ben Affleck's abs. Anyone who has seen this movie will agree.
  9. Going the Distance - Good movie to watch if you are planning to or already doing the long distance thing.
  10. The Devil Wears Prada - I love this movie and I can watch it over and over again.
  11. Sex and the City & Sex and the City 2 - I have both movies in Blu-ray and who can pass up a Blu-ray movie. I love these movies for the fashion and Carrie & Big's apartment.
  12. Step Up 2 - My favorite out of the trilogy, is there even such a thing as a dance trilogy? The final battle scene is the best.
  13. 10 Things I Hate About You - I wanted to watch this movie after seeing Heath Ledger in The Dark Knight. It was nice to see how far he had come. His life ended too soon, he was a very talented actor just reaching his peak.
  14. Takers - Eye candy galore. I watched this twice at home and once in the theatre. There's a part that makes me so sad, it's pathetic that it makes me emotional but honestly, it almost brings me to tears. If you are curious about what part I am talking about, I'll email you - I don't want to spoil anything.
  15. The Switch - The kid in the movie is adorable. I am glad that I waited to watch this movie at home, would have not been worth it to pay to see it in the theatre.
  16. Yes, Man - Don't bother watching this...
  17. Valentine's Day - I'm a sap for liking this movie. I heart how all stories intertwine (like Crash, Playing By Heart, etc.)
  18. It's Complicated - Another Meryl Streep movie. It's a cute movie.
  19. Grown Ups - MAIZE is all I have to say. Oh, and Toe-Be-Bryant.
That's everything I watch, I think...One movie that I wanted to watch but couldn't get into was A-Team. The movies that I really enjoyed were Salt, The Town and Grown Ups. One movie that I truly enjoyed is Easy A but I watched it before the holidays.

Have you seen any of these? Do you have any favorites?

7 comments:

Lin said...

Ben Affleck's abs in the town...*drool*. Is it just me or is he getting better looking with age? I loved this movie & it was WAY better than I ever thought it would be, bravo to him!

I've been wanting to watch The Switch so bad cause I love Jennifer Anniston (even though her acting sorta sucks) & Justin Bateman. I'm sorta bummed to know it wasnt all that great. Oh well...

Also, I loved The A-Team! I dont know how you couldnt get into it with all that action from the get-go...crazy girl.

bananas. said...

holy crapola! you DID watch a lot of movies.

i watched a few including couples retreat. i now am determined to go to bora bora.

love it's complicated. i think it's hilarious!

The Girlie Blog said...

You are awesome! I would LOVE to watch all those movies! I did see Salt. In my opinion, it wasn't bad.

Nikolett said...

That IS a lot of movies! But I love movie-watching, too :D I mostly watching older movies - like "Serenity" and then I watched the last few episodes of the first season of "The Walking Dead", which has zombies extraordinaire. I still have yet to see "The Town", but your mentions of abs makes me want to watch it pronto haha.

kat said...

haha seems like everyone did the same thing - watch old movies/movies they've always wanted to see!

i saw easy a and it was ok. i was expecting a lot more because everyone who saw it was raving about it.

i also watched RED (bruce willis, morgan freeman) and i was surprised at how much i liked it (but the again, i love bruce willis), Breakfast Club, Die Hard, Aliens, Bad Boys 2, my Friends DVD set. I was going to watch Anne of Green Gables but I got sleepy. Maybe I'll do that later on today.

lisa said...

10 Things I Hate About You brings me back to my teen years. =)

Marilen said...

I've seen some of these movies... Here's my commentary:

Julie & Julia: Also fell asleep. Still haven't finished.

Obsessed: Pretty good, even though it was predictable.

Salt: Becoming more of an Angelina fan. Saw "The Tourist" on NYE. She was gorgeous, but the movie was just okay.

SATC: This is my cleaning the house movie! I love it!

Takers/The Switch: I saw these on the same day, along with "The American"... I thought they were all horrible. Takers had the best potential, but flopped in the end.