Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Hunger Games

I've haven't been good with reading books lately but after hearing about The Hunger Games from fellow bloggers, much love, illy and life is bananas, it sure sparked an interest. I was intrigued that people are raving about this book. I had to see for myself. So, on my way into work on Friday, I stopped by Indigo and picked up the first book in the series. I read Friday night and all day Saturday in between making some things for my friend's baby shower and cleaning up the condo. This morning I finished the book.


I am not going to give you a description of the book because I went into reading it blind. I had no idea what the story was about except for reading the little blurb on the back of the book. Certainly from its description, I knew that I probably wouldn't be interested since I love books about high society (Gossip Girl), fashion (Shopaholic series) and vampires (Twilight saga). After finishing the book, now I am tempted to run to Chapters and pick up the the 2nd in the series, although being a bit type-A, I hate the fact that the first book is paperback and the next two books are hardcover. I really don't want to wait for them to come in paperback. I just can't wait.

Like the two bloggers who encouraged their readers to go read the book, I encourage and suggest you read The Hunger Games too. I don't think you would be disappointed and like me, I want you to go in not knowing anything about the story so you can't pass judgment.

8 comments:

this is me. said...

i have to ask though, is it a mystery, action, suspense or horror book? i love those kinds of story lines.

Michelleesque said...

Ilene kept telling me to get it, but I keep forgetting to pick up a copy at B&N. I can't wait to get my hands on it! :)

Marz said...

I just got back from a fun weekend getaway with my BFF Stephanie and she brought this book with her to read during our down time when we were just lazing around relaxing. She seems to really like the book! She told me a little about it and it totally didn't seem like anything I would be into (just like you), but knowing you liked it makes me think I would too! It's been WAY too long since I've read a book I really liked and I miss that "so good I can't put it down" feeling. You read it so quickly so I'm thinking I'll have to check it out!

Leesh said...

@this is me > I guess it's teen sci-fi...but there's a hint of a love story too. I am making my husband read it, lol!

@michelleesque and marz > you have to pick it up. There's a reason that everyone is reading it.

Jenn said...

I loved this series. It's gritty and angsty with a purpose. The characters weren't one dimensional and I loved and hated them all at some point. The movie is in the works and the author herself is writing the screenplay. I can't wait to see who will play Katniss, Peeta and Gale.

JMJE said...

I just read this also because I kept seeing it on various blogs. I'm excited to read the second and third ones too.

Kathy said...

love it so far! it's been a long time since a book has captivated me like this. last one was the twilight series and before that, A Prayer for Owen Meany (btw BEST book)

this is me. said...

i'm not a sci-fi girl :(