Sunday, February 6, 2011

Superbowl Sunday, here I come!!!

{via}

I'm a girly girl and while growing up, I was the kind of girl who would accidentally forget to bring her gym clothes or suddenly be sick or have cramps. I hated gym class. I detested sports. Kinda weird coming from a family where my dad runs, cycles and once played basketball, my mom is totally to all racquet sports and golf and my brother was big on basketball. 

I don't get involved in watching any type of sports - I don't cheer for the Jays, Raptors or the Leafs. I'm one of those fake sports fans who jumps on the bandwagon when a team makes it to the playoffs. I think you are beginning to get the picure.

So today is a big deal for me because it's the first time I will be watching the Super Bowl. Suddenly after reading so many bloggers into the NFL and college football, I got curious and wanted to learn about the sport. Back in November, I asked Mr. Dee to explain football to me and he did a pretty good job but I need it to be explained to me in terms that I would understand. So, right before the Jets and Patriots game, I found this blog, Chick 101 - Football for Girls and read about the basic rules


Right after that, I further read about:
I love how the positions are described in terms I can understand. Whoever wrote this blog is brilliant. I have to read more posts on this blog but for now, I think I know all I need to know for now.

An incentive for watching tomorrow's game is my cousin has shared with me the details of the football pool she's in. She explained everything to me over gchat and now I must watch the game and send her a text if she wins. This will require me to pay attention to the scores and figure out if the squares she picked is the winning one. So much pressure...


I'm not cheering for a team because I don't know anything about both teams. For now, I am just learning the game so one day, I can find my favorite team and my favorite QB or player in general.  A stupid question to ask and it's a question that a girly girl like me will ask - is there a team whose colours are purple and black? LOL!

Do you watch football? Who are you rooting for? Are you like me who is kinda clueless about the game?
 

8 comments:

Claire Kiefer said...

This post cracks me up. :) I was never into football either . . . until I started watching Friday Night Lights. That's what got me to love the game! A combination of Tim Riggins' hotness and Eric Taylor's passion and, well, suddenly I started paying attention. :)

I love the Saints cause I went to college in New Orleans and that city is so dear to me. As for this Superbowl, I'm pretty torn between the Packers and the Steelers. My bff lives in Pittsburgh and is a big Steelers fan, and I LOVE Troy Polamalu, but their QB is a horrible guy to say the least. And they won the Superbowl a couple years ago, so a little part of me wants the Packers to win since the Steelers already had the glory. We'll see--I'll be happy either way!!

Maureen said...

YAY! so happy that you're finally taking interest in a sport! football is the sport i know the least about. so thanks for the football blog tip. i've marked it as a favorite and will be reading it.

GO Steelers GO! i'm cheering for Pittsburgh cuz 26er is cheering for Green Bay! LOL

this is me. said...

u are sooo funny! i remember you tweeting about this. i'm gonna check the site out. minnesota vikings are purple and gold, like the lakers. but the baltimore ravens are purple and black. i'm cheering for the packers, ever since the 90's i've been a fan because of brett favre. my friends dana and brian are from wisconsin and are hosting a party today. i already bought my packers gear. i choose qb's based on what school they came from, especially from USC and their hotness level, okay, if they're good, that's okay, too! LOL. bf says, "you like them cause they're cute. are they good?" one day you will appreciate how great they look on those tight pants! haha happy sunday girl friend!

cranberryportage said...

My girly girl daughter. This brings me back to something we talked about when you were in your late teens or early 20's. I think someone suggested that I enter you in some sort of beauty pageant. And we sort laughed our heads off because you said oooh during the talent part, while every girls is doing a song, dance, play an instrument, etc. You will be sitting in a stool with your box of nail polish and show the world how to paint your nails. Do you remember this? You know it's not too late to take up squash. I did start racquet sports until I was 30. Maybe you and hubby can do this as you winter workout.

kat said...

i know nothing about football. once hubs tried to explain it to me but i still don't get it...although tom brady is pretty hot...at least i think that's his name - the guy who is married to gisele.

whenever the superbowl is on, i only watch it for the halftime show but last night's was terrible. i wish i could un-hear the whole thing because it sounded terrible! axl rose must be going on a bender after the way she butchered his song!

No Guts, No Glory said...

Too bad we didn't win! Do you know how we almost won (so close!)?

Marz said...

So what did you think of the game Leesh? :) I'm glad that you got to watch a really amazing game! The whole game was exciting up until the last minute when I thought the Steelers were going to steal it from the Packers! I am a HUGE Dallas Cowboys fan through and through (you should be too ;) so I had no real loyalty to either team yesterday, but I just love the game itself too. It's fun to watch :) I already can't wait until next season and I'm hoping the Cowboys will have a better season. BTW The Baltimore Ravens are purple and black hahaha that could be your team :)

{lovely little things} said...

I actually know a thing or two about football. My boyfriend plays on a team every weekend and my parents grew up hosting football parties on Sundays. I rooted for Green Bay!