Friday, February 11, 2011

Valentine's Day came early for me

Valentine's Day isn't until Monday and usually Mike and I don't celebrate it but I am using it as an excuse to buy myself a watch. This is my Valentine's present to myself. I have been eyeing another watch, but I came to the conclusion that I didn't want to spend $250 on a watch when I am not a big watch-wearing person. So, I found a rose gold watch from Fossil. I have gone to try this watch on three times and each time, I walked away, thinking that there will be a right time to buy.


And yesterday was the right day to buy. I went to The Bay at Eaton Centre and saw a sign that all watches were 15% off.  Another incentive for me to buy was that I had a $60 gift card. The watch was $170 and with the 15% off,  the $60 of because of the gift card and tax, I paid $103. Not bad huh?


I also got a collector's tin because of their Valentine's Day gala going on. There was another tin to choose from but I am not a big fan of pink. I am thinking that I can use this tin to keep all the cocktail rings I have.


Because of the promotion, I also got this cute reusable bag and a little umbrella. Isn't this awesome that I bought a watch and got all these extra items?





I have to say that I am glad I waited to buy the watch. I had a gut feeling that with Valentine's Day there would be some type of sale and promotion.  Tyler, at The Bay was great and helped me decide between the watch that I originally wanted and this one. If you are in the market for a watch, check out Fossil at The Bay and take advantage of the 15% and hopefully the little extras. In the end, as much as I love the white ceramic watch and with the 15% off, I still couldn't justify spending that much. I don't regret my purchase at all and I am quite happy wearing it today. Happy Valentine's Day to myself, I love my gift. Thank you ME!

Do you buy yourself a little Valentine's Day gift?
 

7 comments:

this is me. said...

cool! i don't buy myself valentine's day presents, but i did buy myself a white fossil stella for my birthday last year amongst other things! ha ha pretty. looks good on you girl. i'm not a gold person, but i like that one. doesn't look too shiny and yellow.

Elisse said...

This is awesome buy! Look at all the cool goodies you got!!! Great color too - I thought you were gonna go with the white, but the rose color works really well!

Steph S C-O said...

Nice watch!!! That's pretty awesome that you got all those freebies and got the watch at a good price! Good job!!!

Micaela said...

it's suuuch a beautiful watch! i believe in buying yourself little treats :)

i might do a little etsy shopping this weekend! lol

happy early vday to you and your fabulous watch

x

cranberryportage said...

It looks amazing on your wrist and it goes well with your gold rings. that was a great deal for $103. It was meant to be. I guess I am not buying anything for Vday.

Maureen said...

Hot watch and yay for the extras thrown in! Great buy indeed!

Kathy said...

that is a mad wicked watch. love it. love the fact that you got all the extra freebies too. see, good things come to those who wait :)

M and I don't celebrate Vday and as a present to myself, I get to work yay!