Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy and sad to be back

HAPPY TO BE BACK: resort was crap | didn't get enough to eat | no more cats | missed my bed and showers with water pressure | home sweet home | get to watch Water for Elephants | twitter and email

SAD TO BE BACK: back to work | back to the grind and commute | it's cold | I'm wearing close-toed shoes | miss sleeping in | miss reading by the pool | miss the sun | vh1 with shows like Audrina, Saddle Ranch and Mob Wives

Yes, coming home was bittersweet. Normally when we go away, when we finally reach our departure date, we always say we are not ready to go home and could use a couple extra days. This time, halfway through our week, we were ready to go home. Mike was miserable and he is never miserable on vacay. We were stressed out because the towel saving chair game is a huge hit at Melia Cayo Santa Maria, if you weren't at the beach bt 9:00 am, there was no way you would get a palapa, let alone a beach chair.

We got to relaxed and it was nice to get away to beautiful, hot weather. I don't want to complain because we are lucky that we get to go away but never again will we stay at a resort below five stars (I don't care if it's free or not). I don't want to come off as off-standish or snobby but you get what you pay for and since it was free, well, you get what I am trying to say. There were so many flaws about this resort and I will be writing about a review for our travel blog but for now, I'll leave you with some photos. So, when you ask us "How was your trip", we will say, "It was free" and we will leave it at that.

our first day, the water was beautiful

beach

me mid-week, this is when I officially was bored

what we ate every single day for lunch

mike and the windy day that brought on huge waves
poolside

I'm glad to be back. It's difficult adjusting after not being online for over a week. Being at work is more difficult but at least it's quiet. I can't wait to go home and catch up on more shows that I missed but I am not looking forward to all the laundry I have to do. I hope you enjoyed the week of product reviews I did last week and also that you had a wonderful Easter weekend. I look forward to reading all the blog posts saved on my google reader. Although I liked the social media break, I feel so out of it!

13 comments:

lisa said...

Welcome back! Sorry to hear your resort vacation wasn't as great as expected, but on the bright side, it makes returning home feel a little less painful.

Joanne said...

Welcome back!
I took a vacay from social media this week too. It was great. Made me realize how much time I put into it, which is way too much. Hehe.

Sandy a la Mode said...

oh man, sounds like an amazing trip! it's ALWAYS hard to come back to reality especially after a tropical vacay!!

Kathy said...

looks beautiful but sucks that you didn't have a very good time. i was also itching to get back in the social media game so on the last day, i said to hell with roaming charges! and tweeted quite a bit.

The Girlie Blog said...

Sorry the resort did not live up to expectations but the pictures look beautiful.

www.thegirlieblog.com

Micaela said...

never in my life have i seen water so beautiful-- i can't imagine what it was like in person! photo of you midweek is GORGEOUS (even if you were boredish ha)

happy settling into the swing of things xoxo

jessica said...

looks beautiful, but i'm sorry to hear you didn't have a good time... that really stinks! ;-/

Kasey Lynne said...

SO happy to have you back Leesh!! Missed ya!

I'm sorry the hotel was a bust. What a spectacular view though!!!

Pizza and french fries everyday?? Sounds amazing...BUT i can see how that is NOT a good thing when on vacation...

inHERshoes said...

i totally agree with "you get what you paid for" statement. the sunshine/warm weather was awesome though. too bad that you guys wanted to go back home mid-week, and fries/pizza was all you had? you coulda had that in TDOT! anyway, at least you got to get away for a little bit! now we can plan for vegas!

Steph I said...

Glad to have you back! We missed you! The pictures of the beach look gorgeous. I'm sorry that your experience at the resort was so horrible.

Maureen said...

welcome back! the water lookes so beautiful and the beach looks nice too. sorry to hear that the resort wasn't up to par. but looks like you got some good sun. booooo to the food! being the foodies that both of you are, that sucks balls!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Aw, sorry that your trip wasn't great :(

The water looks beautiful, though! And it's crazy that the third picture where you're sitting alone. Was nobody there?

Alex Chou said...

I think Percy would give anything to have Pizza and Fries for lunch right now. He's sick of the chinese food here in China. Sorry to hear you didn't have a great time. It'd be nice to be on a beach right now.