Friday, April 8, 2011

It's friday, friday, friday!

I'm so glad it's Friday. It's been a long week but it's only a another week until I am off to Cuba. I totally need this vacation, plus it will be nice to get some hot sun while it's still cold here in Toronto. Did you see that snow last Sunday night? C'mon it's April, it should start to get warm.  Now before I head off with my friend Maureen to go have some Nutella fritters with gelato (not to mention some pizza too - I ♥ pizza these days), I will let you know what's been up with me and what I plan to do for the weekend.
  • I can now seriously do 10 push-ups, not girl push-ups, I am talking about man push-ups. Before I couldn't even do two!
  • Wednesday after work I got a massage (a well-deserved one I might add) and for once in months, I slept through the night. Almost every night I wake up at 3 am and just lie there with my iPhone because I can't get back to sleep. Well, last night I also had a full night sleep so I think I am on a roll!
  • I am really into The Mortal Instruments (click here for more info on these books). After reading The Hunger Games, I wanted to read another young adult trilogy and my sister-in-law who teaches high school students, got the recommendation of City of Bones. I read the first book over a weekend and then the second book, City of Ashes over the week and now I am on the third, City of Glasses.  Again, not a series I would think to read since it's all about Shadowhunters, werewolves, vampires and demons but it's interesting. Plus, it's going to be made into a movie. Check it out if you are looking for something to read.
  • I am 10 days into my whole body cleanse. I have lost two pounds so far. I wasn't really looking to lose weight (okay, who am I kidding, I was but it's not the main reason), I just wanted to get rid of the nasty toxins in my body.
  • I spoke to my BFF about something that's been eating me up for months and it's a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. It's not like we had a fight or anything, it's just nice to know we are all cool again.
  • I received an unexpectedly call from the lovely, Elisse on Tuesday. It was really nice to finally talk to her over the phone after close to two years of only communicating through blogging, emails and twitter. I can't wait to finally meet her in July.
Now for my weekend, I will be going for brunch tomorrow for my dad's birthday, then maybe some shopping with Mike. We also have to do our taxes and pack for our trip next week. Happy weekend everyone!

p.s. - Happy travels to my friends, K & M who are heading off to Turks & Caicos with their little monkey and C.P. who is off on a cruise next week.

What are you up to this weekend?

7 comments:

inHERshoes said...

watching the lakers live tonight at the rose garden arena! woot! woot! gimme some kobe love!

Kathy said...

thanks for the well wishes; will def grab you a postcard for your collection.

am reading the mortal instruments series for my trip; didn't know that's what the series was called when you first reco'd to me but thanks! it's interesting so far. am only on chapter 2 and trying to save the rest for the trip.

talk to you soon and if we don't connect before you leave, happy travels and hope you have a fantastic vacay!!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Yay your trip is almost here! Exciting :)

I am doing nothing this weekend and so looking forward to it lol!

P.S. 10 real push ups is hard! Even when I was in shape I couldn't really do them hehe!

Elisse said...

Happy weekend! Woo hoo your trip is coming up soon! Enjoy and savor it!

I'm glad I called you - I admit I was a bit nervous, but someone has to break the ice!

Maureen said...

OMG! those fritters with nutella & home made hazelnut gelato is one of the best desserts EVER! we must go again soon!

Kasey Lynne said...

Ummm first of all, how the HECK did i miss the fact that you're going on vacation to CUBA?!?!?!? Am i having really bad memory loss or what?? AWESOME!!!

Oooo Nutella fritters huh? I love Apple fritters...i'm sure they're NOTHING like nutella fritters but i'll take it!

Marz said...

10 real push ups?!?! That's amazing Leesh!!! I am really sooo proud of you! Just today in my pump class I was attempting my third "man" push-up and was cursing under my breath. I hate push ups more than anything! I will think of you as my inspiration the next time I try them :)
So happy you guys decided to go to Cuba! :) Can't wait to see the pics and hear all about it :)
Isn't it fun when you finally talk to a blog friend on the phone? Even neater to meet in real life. One of these days I hope that will be us! :)