Monday, April 11, 2011

Monday Memories: Rags to Riches

This is the original Glee, Rags to Riches. The show was about a wealthy businessman, Nick Foley who adopts five girls. They would sing old school songs and dance around. It was a short-lived show but since I am a big fan of 50s, 60s and 70s music, I very much enjoyed this 80s show. Do you remember it? My one favorite episode was the one where Diane falls for Duke and sings Peggy Lee's I Will Follow Him (unfortunately I couldn't find the YouTube clip). I had a huge crush on Duke. One last thing, yes, that is Tisha Campbell-Martin before she starred in Martin...





6 comments:

Steph I said...

This show was on when we were really young, but I remember loving it! Of course, I was too young to understand prime time television schedules, but I looked forward to watching this show every time it was on.

The Girlie Blog said...

I wasn't in the US for the 80's, but it looks like a good time. Need to start watching Glee.

www.thegirlieblog.com

Lip Gloss and Flip Flops said...

I loved this show and the movie!!! I thought I was the only one! I believe I even still have it recorded on a vhs tape somewhere. Love it!

Elisse said...

This show is vaguely familiar to me ... I kinda remember it, so thanks for posting the youtube videos.

Marz said...

Like Elisse, this show is vaguely familiar to me too! I am also a big fan of the 50s, 60s and 70s :) If I could go back to any time period I think I would want to go back to the 50s and poodle skirts! OMG I use to watch Martin all the time :) can't believe that's Gina! ha

Jules said...

OMG I LOVED this show! You have the best memory!