Thursday, May 26, 2011

Asian Sensation: Las Vegas...here we come!!!


Earlier this year, or maybe it was even last year, six of us decided to do a blogger meet up and we dubbed it Asian Sensation 2011. This blogger meet up will consist of:

Stephanie from A Simple Life
Reni from in her shoes
Elisse from Fur Elisse
and yours truly...

I didn't want to blog about it until I knew it was really happening. Maureen and I were the last to book so now that it's all confirmed, it's time to post something about it. Maureen, Kat and Steph are from Toronto, Reni is from Portland and Elisse is from Vancouver.

*I met Maureen back in high school and even though we didn't hang out then, we became really close friends once I started dating Mike. Maureen is also known as my partner-in-crime. We terrorized the city when we use to go clubbing together.
*I met Kat in our college/University years. I met her because we partied a lot. We lost touch after over partying days were over but have recently connected through our blogs (and twitter). I'm finding we have a lot in common, celebrity crushes, TV shows and even books.
*I met Steph through Kat and Maur and we hung out at bar called Milano's. I grew closer to Steph when she started hanging out with my sister-in-law and we also got reacquainted through our blogs. Steph and I share the same pet peeves and love to make fun of people, ummm, I mean things. lol!
*Now with Elisse and Reni, I met them through blogging. Elisse was one of my first blogger friends. We probably met late 2009, just after I returned from a trip to Vancouver. It would have been nice if I met her before because then I could have met her in real life. I can't remember how I met Reni, it was probably through us commenting on each other's blogs. We found out that we had a lot in common - especially a love for Kobe Bryant.

Asian Sensation is finally happening. You might find us posting a lot about this trip leading up to July, but it's only because we are so excited. We get to party and finally meet each other in real life. I've met other blogger in real life but this is a first for me to travel to another city to meet them. People wonder - "Is it going to be weird to meet people and hang out with them considering you have never met?" - my answer is no. I feel like I really know these girls. I feel like I talk to them more than my real friends because it's like we speak to each other through our blogs and tweets. We get to know more about each other with every post, tweet or email we send. With Elisse and Reni, I feel like I have known them forever. I know that we will all get along because you follow people's blogs for a reason, just like you are friends with your friends for a reason.

ASIAN SENSATION: Las Vegas, here we come!!!!

9 comments:

inHERshoes said...

i LOVE this post! of course!! i did a scheduled post for tuesday, and i remember how we met - i had to look through my blog for a while there! yes, definitely - i feel like we've all known each other in one way or another and i am grateful for the opportunity of finally hanging out in person! ah, yes kobe and not to forget, LC.

Joanne said...

Sounds like it's going to be so much fun! Can't wait to read all your posts about it. Maybe post a video?? :)

Kathy said...

love this post and girls, i can't wait! thanks again reni, for making this awesome banner. am trying to find some time to post but having a hard time because of work :(

this is going to be an awesome trip

Lin said...

How fun!

Man...why couldn't I be Asian too? *hangs head* lol

lisa said...

Hilarious! Elisse is a sweetheart (I've met her a few times at events around town) and I'm sure you'll have a great time in Vegas.

Re. Wayfarers: Your comment isn't snobbish at all! I have the real thing and I have Chanel sunnies, and the lenses on those are clearer, have less glare and show more of the world in true colour than fast fashion shades. I only wear the Matix Wayfarer wannabes when I'm not in the mood to tote around a sunglasses case for stashing my pricier shades away.

Kasey Lynne said...

i am for sure jealous about this!!! sounds like so much fun!

Nikolett said...

This sounds SO amazing! I know what you mean about saying 'no' to if it would be weird. I've met a few people in real life and it just feels amazing to get to know the person off the screen, too.

So jealous ... this makes me wish I was Asian (though all my Filipino friends say I'm brown at heart, does that count? LOL). Can't wait to hear more about it!! :D

Danielle {breakfast at toast} said...

How FUN. Such a cute post too :)

Marz said...

I am SO excited about your blogger meet up and how fun that it's taking place in Sin City :) I am so jealous - I wish I could have been one of the Asian Sensations :) It's sooo much fun meeting bloggers in real life! Meeting Claire was the only reason we went to San Fran and trips like these are so special!! I hope one day we'll get to meet up at a beach resort somewhere :) I am excited to hear all about this trip and see the photos :)