Saturday, May 14, 2011

movie review: fast five


This morning, Maureen and I went to an early show of Fast Five. I am a huge fan of all the Fast & Furious movies. I really like the third one, Tokyo Drift, even though all of the originals are not in the movie. I think it's because I like one scene in the movie, where Bow Wow and that random dude go into the parking garage before the random guy races TK. Tokyo Drift by the Teriyaki Boyz is playing in the background. Anyway, back to Fast Five, this movie was awesome!!! I wasn't really expecting much, I saw the trailer a couple of times but I didn't know much about what was going to happen. The storyline was of course about one last job and it brought back some of the originals from the first two movies. Tyrese and Ludacris brought some comical, cheesy lines, Vin Diesel and The "Rock" brought tons of fighting and Paul Walker and Jordana Brewster brought the lovey-dovey stuff. So as you can see, there's something in the movie for everyone. If this wrapped up the five movies, I'd be happy with the way they ended it but as usual, they left us with a little scene that could have us F&F fans wanting more. With all the action I just saw, I really want to watch the movie again but for now, I will just settle for watching the first four movies tonight or tomorrow.

 Best eye candy ever - Leeann and Reni, I know you love him as much as I do. There's something so sexy about those damn blue eyes and that voice.

Two gigantic meat heads going at it and throwing each other against walls, yes, please!

There was so much action with cars, guns, car chases, explosions, who would have thought that two girls would want to see this movie...but honestly, there's some serious eye candy and the action is an added bonus. I think Maureen and I were the only ones yelling in the theatre every time someone got thrown around, something exploded or when Tyrese made a joke.

Did you watch Fast Five? Did you like it? Are you in love with Paul Walker like me?

6 comments:

Kathy said...

we usually like the same people but paul walker does nothing for me. i'm not a fast/furious fan and vin diesel has to be the worst actor ever. even worse than keanu reeves which says a lot.

i did watch something borrowed though and you're right - ginnifer goodwin is annoying! and is her name pronounced GINnifer or JENnifer?

cranberryportage said...

This guy in blue shirt reminds me of my co worker who was at my party and you thought he was cute and you even gave him a nickname.

inHERshoes said...

i've never watched the fast and the furious stuff, but i think i'm gonna watch this one. paul walker, luda ... that will work!

i was at the salon yesterday and read the may 2011 issue of cosmo (it might be glamour, i had two magz in hand), and there was a section on 10 things about how paul walker will lose your phone #, i thought about you, then i said to myself, he'll never lose our number - we don't fit anything on that list!! hahaha

jessica said...

I LOVED IT!!! it was such a great movie...
and i'm the same way, i loved them all except for tokyo drift...

Maureen said...

YAY! so happy we are back to our morning movie ritual! BOOYAH! i enjoyed the movie lots! eye candy, action and comedy - YES! not sure if i like the lovey dovey stuff to be honest. i'm pretty sure you heard me snicker here and there when that stuff was on.

so many movies for us to watch this summer! so looking forward to it!

Marz said...

I have never seen any of the Fast and the Furious movies! Can you believe that? :) I agree with you on Paul Walker. Although I'm not overly in love with him, I agree he's definitely sexy! I think it's hilarious thinking of you and Maureen going to see that particular movie :)