Tuesday, May 3, 2011

my guilty pleasures this week v1

Normally list my guilty pleasures on the left side bar but I think I will start to post it up ever so often. At least this way, I can attach some photos to what I am lusting over.


Peanut Butter Oreos. If you haven't tried these, you have to get your hands on some. Do whatever it takes because these cookies are the bombdiggity! I am sure Maureen can vouch for me. Sadly, I have to savour the one box my mom sent me and wait until she arrives with a suitcase full of these goodness next month. Maybe I should check WalMart to see if they sell them...now imagine if they did??? I'm sorry, I've talked about these oreos non-stop but that's how good they are.


The Voice. I'm done with most singing reality shows especially American Idol. This show is unique because they aren't basing their team on looks, it's strictly because of their "voice". The second part of the blind auditions are tonight and I can't wait. Well, I can't wait to see more of Adam Levine.  Most of my friends are obsessed with this guy. We tweet and email like crazy about him.


Adele "21". Her album has been out for some time but I can't get enough of it. I'm glad I made Mike listen to it on vacation (I think he likes it). My favorite songs off the album are Rolling In the Deep, Turning Tables, Set Fire to The Rain, He Won't Go and Someone Like You.


Water for Elephants. The book was awesome and so was the movie. What I didn't like about the movie was it was lacking in character development and build up. The book described in detail the relationship between Jacob and the various people working in the circus. Robert Pattinson and Christoph Waltz are great and so is Rosie the elephant. If you want to watch the movie, I highly recommend reading the book beforehand. It's a quick read. Check out my husband's thoughts on the book and movie. I like that he's getting more into reading. This will make for interesting discussions if we both read books that turn into movies.


Yves Saint Laurent Volupté Sheer Candy. I believe this lipstick may only be offered at Sephora. I am going to check The Bay and Holt Renfrew just in case. Who knows if they even offer YSL at Canadian Sephora stores. If this lipstick is a combination of their Rouge Pur and Chanel Coco Rouge Shine, then Volupté Sheer Candy will become by ultimate lipstick for the summer! Some shades I think I would like - Succulent Pomegranate (sheer bright pink with red undertones), Luscious Cherry (sheer cherry red with golden undertones) and maybe Dewy Papaya (sheer fresh peach).

Now with all this talk about Adam Levine, Kat and I updated our freebie five list. Kat was kind enough to make design my list for me to look like hers. The question is, should we get it laminated or not?

6 comments:

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Never had peanut butter Oreos. I think I'd either love or hate them lol. I AM loving The Voice and Adele! Have a great week :)

jessica said...

yes, i love pb oreos!!! now i wish i had some!!

Lin said...

I dont know if I would like the pb oreos...why mess with perfection? lol

I am totally Adele's new album, I cant get enough of it either!

lisa said...

I REALLY want to buy a lipstick just for the sake of buying a lipstick lol. Thinking of Chanel Rouge Coco Shine, but too busy to get myself to the cosmetics counter. :(

Kathy said...

i would like to combine peanut butter oreos and adam levine. that would be one yummy snack

Maureen said...

PB Oreos & Adam lavine! Both so yummy! I am so looking forward to receiving adele's album. Thanks for hookin me up! I want to watch that movie, I love Reese. I would read the book but i still have 1 of yours (which I started reading again).