Tuesday, May 17, 2011

product review: goody spin pins

After having lunch with my dear friend, Elena, she recommended a hair product that I am deeply in love with. We were talking about how long our hair is now and she noticed that I had my hair up in a bun with an elastic tied around it. She then says to me..."Have you tried those spin pins? They work you know. I use them after I wash my hair. I put my hair in a bun, add the pins and they stay in all night". Now both Elena and I have really thin, long hair so I had to trust her recommendation. The next day I bought them and guess what???  She was right. I can put my hair up in a bun and spin one pin at the top and one at the bottom and it will stay for most of the day.




The spin pins are a corkscrew shape and the look a bit intimidating to use but once you get the hang of it, you will realize they are much easier to use than adding a multitude of bobby pins around your bun. If I can now comfortably wear a low chignon, next up with be a high and big ballerina bun.

 Sorry, my bun is a little messy. I had to put it up quickly so my husband could take a picture.

10 comments:

No Guts, No Glory said...

Ooooh! I've got to find some of those!

jessica said...

i keep seeing the commercials, and i've been wanting to try them... thanks for the review!

inHERshoes said...

you and i have the same hair! okay, i'm gonna hunt one of these. i like the messy bun look!

JMJE said...

I really liked the idea of these but my hair is super thick so it didn't really stay up for me. But I could put half my hair in it. SOmetimes I wish my hair was a little bit thinner.

Lip Gloss and Flip Flops said...

Thanks for the review, I'll have to try them out!

Kasey Lynne said...

SO many people have been raving about these!! Maybe it's time to jump on the train.

lisa said...

I have these spin pins too! They work just as well on thick hair, although you need a ponytail holder for the pins to actually stay put.

Marz said...

I have always wanted to try these, but was always worried they might be too hard to use. I'm thankful you posted this review and the photo - your bun looks so pretty! Only you can manage to make a messy bun look so elegant :)

jennifernieva said...

I have these and use them when I want a carefree/messy updo. It's hard to get a neat bun since my hair is layered. It works great even though I have fine slippery hair.

Maureen said...

hmmmm... wonder if this will also work with my length and my type of hair?