Monday, May 23, 2011

victoria day long weekend recap

Before my long weekend comes to an end and I get ready for bed (yes, it's only 8:40 pm), I want to share with you what I did all weekend. I basically did nothing. And it's exactly what I wanted to do since I have to work the next two Saturdays before leaving for Punta Cana.

Friday. I went to my BFF's house after work. It had been some time since I last saw Julie and her beautiful daughter. We, along with the boys, ate a party tray of sushi and sashimi (I forgot to take a pic, we were hungry) and some delicious chocolate raspberry cake. After dinner, I got enough nerve to brave it out and hold Bianca. She's only six weeks old so I totally broke my rule of "I only hold babies once they are over three months old". B totally fit in my arms, she was comfortable to hold and didn't squirm. I was able to rock her to sleep and let her sleep in my arms while I saw on the couch. I wish I had a pic to prove it. I do have this cute photo of her in her bouncy chair.



Saturday. Mike and I spent most of Saturday reading. Me: City of Fallen Angels. Him: The Golden Compass. We did take a break to watch, Just Go with It. It's a very funny movie with Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler. What I liked was Adam wasn't speaking in that annoying voice like most of his other movies. The little girl who plays the daughter of Jennifer's character is a great child actor. She was brilliant in The Brothers (w/ Tobey McGuire and Jake Gyllenhaal). I then took another break to make some banana muffins.


Sunday. I was going to watch Bridesmaids with Maureen but the time of the movie was all screwed up so we missed it. Instead, we went for Pho and just chatted for a bit. Later in the afternoon we went to my sister-in-law's house to play with Hannah. She's adorable and fun to play with. I love how chubby she is and how she is full of smiles. Oh ya, Belle and Blake were there too! Blake was friendly with us again and Belle was amazed that her Uncle Mick knows how to braid hair.


Later at night, we watched the Billboard Awards. Cee-Lo's performance was awesome. Rihanna and Britney's performance was okay. And yes, I know that Britney is lip-syncing but it's Britney and we love her no matter what, as long as she's sane and not shaving off her head. I have a bone to pick about Beyonce's new song. I honestly hate how she is using Major Lazer's beat from Pon de Floor. I sat there staring at the TV in disgust. I think her song, Run the World would be alright if she used a different beat.


Monday. More reading and more watching movies. I watched Rio. Let me tell you that most of the songs, like Hot Wings, Real in Rio or Mas Que Nada, will make you want to get up and dance. Mike made note that I have watched two movies lately that take place in Rio (this movie and Fast Five). It's making me want to go to Brazil now.

 
I also watched Never Say Never. Yup, don't judge me, I watched the Justin Bieber movie and got me some Bieber Fever. After learning about his life and what he did to get where he is today, I respect him and I respect his mom. Everyone in his circle - manager, vocal coach, general manager, stylist, grandparents, etc - look out for him and keep him grounded and humble. If I didn't see this, I would just think of him as another child star but he worked hard to get where he is today with the help of his mom and Usher. One thing I can't get over is how young his mom looks...but their relationship is a very cute and loving one. So judge me all you want, make fun of me but I actually enjoyed Never Say Never.



What did you do this weekend?

7 comments:

Kathy said...

omg, she looks like mike! and hannah looks so much like steph! both are so adorable :)

i fell asleep last night during the billboard award show and hubs didn't record it boohoo!

inHERshoes said...

unfortunately, my allergies were so bad that it irritated the crap out of me even if i was in the company of good people. even my allergy meds didn't help much. but, i switched to a different phone provider because my current provider (who is the best, i think) is being taken over by at&t, which i despise. however, i'm getting the iphone 4 in white! hopefully the new provider will deliver good customer service just like my old one. keep your fingers crossed. in the states, after december 2011 - there will be only two major choices: at&t or verizon.

Claire Kiefer said...

CRACKING UP at the "I only hold babies if they're at least three months old" theory . . . too funny. I'm the opposite--I can't get enough of teeny babies. So sweet!

Ann said...

Wow! You did a lot of fun stuff in there.

I am now a follower of your blog...coz' it is so interesting.

Maureen said...

aw cutie little girl babies! i didn't see the billboard awards, but i did hear that Beyonce song on the radio a while back and was pretty pissed she used the pon de floor beat too!

Kasey Lynne said...

Both of those babies are SO adorable. The first baby has the cutest/funniest facial expression.

Alright...I've been wanting to see Just Go With It, but I've heard some eh eh reviews on it. BUT, you just brought back my desire to see it!

I'm not a fan of Beyonce's song either...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Lin said...

What a cute baby!

Wow you had one busy weekend. I'm glad you said you liked 'just go with it' cause Ive been wanting to see it and was totally unsure of it.