Thursday, June 23, 2011

so i'm not a ballerina


Last week, I went to see my BBF, Stephanie of BlushPretty at her new studio. I asked her if she could do my hair and makeup for a gala I had to work at. She did an amazing job doing my hair up in a ballerina bun and giving me some J.Lo glow to my face. Sadly, I forgot to ask her to take a photo.

My inspiration for the ballerina bun comes from Lauren Conrad. Check out The Beauty Department's post on the ballerina bun. Watching Stephanie do up my hair in this bun looked so simple and easy.

{via}

Now, here is my lame attempt at a ballerina bun. Mind you, I didn't have much time to put it all together properly but the outcome was kinda cool. It turned out to be a flat ballerina bun. I probably won't be able to replicate it again so I asked the hubby to take a photo to document it .

Are there any hairstyles you are attempting to recreate?

9 comments:

Nikolett said...

Ahh I still think it looks great! It's kinda messy and that's trendy now, too. I'm absolutely HORRIBLE with doing hair so I mostly just leave it down, but one day I will try to do cool braid-headband things in my hair, for sure :)

Kasey Lynne said...

Dang! I was hoping you would have a picture from the gala of your hair/makeup. I'll just try to imagine...

and i LOVE the beauty department (dot) com.

lisa said...

I've been wearing my hair in a bun lately--not as artfully undone as Lauren Conrad's version of a ballerina bun, more like the ballerina bun you see students wear to classes. The Goody spin pins are great for achieving this look!

Lin said...

Oooh that's totally cute!

I've been trying to sport the french braid head band look but I suck at french braiding my own hair. I tried it over the weekend and the hubs was like 'wth are you doing to your hair? It looks like a mess!' so I pretty much gave up haha.

bananas. said...

there's always a hairstyle or two that i plan to recreate.

did the bun already...and still doing it! it's one of my favs!

S and O said...

I'm so with you on that ballerina bun style. It's so elegant :D

Xoxo
Sarah

Micaela said...

oh my gosh leesh! it's really pretty :) i wish i knew how to even braid my hair cutely. i love it!

Elisse said...

You did well with your attempt to do a ballerina bun! My hair is so thick I can barely put it up! I dare you to try when I see you in a couple weeks!

Maureen said...

booo my hair is too short for this! and too layered!