Friday, July 22, 2011

Fill in the Blank Friday (summer time)

It's Friday! This was the first full week I worked since the beginning of June and it will also be the last full work week for this summer. I have taken a day off each week until the Labour Day weekend. Awesome isn't it? And I will still have 17 hours I still need take off. Crazy!

Today is Mr. Dee's birthday and tomorrow we are going out to celebrate his 35th birthday. Each year when we go out for his birthday, it's signals that summer is half over. We are going to a restaurant I have been eyeing for some time, AME. I can't wait to eat dinner and also catch up with some friends I haven't seen in a while.

My mother-in-law's birthday is on Monday so Mike and I will be going to his parent's house for a BBQ. I love hanging out in their backyard - drinking, playing with the kids and eating. No, I don't drink while I play with the kids...I am not "that" kind of aunt.

I don't feel like doing work today so after I finish this post, I hope to have some fun on Pinterest, write some posts for my travel blog and maybe schedule future posts for this blog. And if I am lucky, maybe Mike will watch a movie with me. Stay cool everyone (if you are living in a place with a heatwave) and have a fabulous weekend! Now time for some blanks, join in the fun over at Lauren's blog.



1. One of my happiest moments ever was my wedding in Punta Cana. Having every single one of my family and friends on vacation and also to witness Mike and I get married is something that will forever go down in my books. Also, any vacation I take with Mike makes me truly happy.      

2. Summer is wedding season and weddings are overrated. People spend a ridiculous amount of money for one day. I get it's memorable, it's a once in a lifetime event but really, a destination wedding is the way to go. You can party with your friends and family for a whole week, it doesn't have to end after one night. 

3. This summer has so far been a whirlwind. A trip to Punta Cana, my mom's month long visit, Vegas with the girls and we are only halfway through the summer. I can't wait for the second half but it's going by too quickly.    

4. My summer food of choice has been salsa and chips. So refreshing. I should really make my own instead of buying Jack's Special Salsa. 

5. My summer uniform has been rompers or dresses. I want more of both so I am not repeating my outfits so often.   

6. If I could spend the entire summer in one location I would choose Punta Cana because it feels like home there but then again, I would like to stay somewhere in Mexico and eat Mexican food all day.     

7. My summer anthem is Give Me Everything by Pitbull, Nayer and Ne-Yo. I have so many other songs I like but this one got me hooked before this summer started. 



3 comments:

Amy Rene said...

Pit Bull is so much for the summer! stopping by from the link up :)

{I'm hosting a giveaway & would love to see you there! amyrenepowell.com}

cranberryportage said...

Now I know what to look for when I go shopping for real bargains.
ROMPERS for you and maybe some LC dresses, of course as per your approval.
Please buy a couple of drinks for Mr. Dee (Darren??)on me. I believe I was at his 30th birthday.

Lin said...

Holy hell girl, I couldn't agree with you more on the overrated weddings. My brother's wedding cost them about $13,000...effing insane!