Saturday, July 30, 2011

Nail Art: purple ombré nails


Here is my lame attempt at ombré nails and at taking a decent nail photo. This week's nail art was inspired by the lovely Lauren Conrad who pulled off the brilliant shades of blue. I tried to go with purple but realized I didn't have enough similar shades to use, hence why one nail has a shade of pink and one white. I am really bad at taking photos of my nails so if you have some tips on what I should do so my hands don't look so old and wrinkly or like man-hands, please leave me a comment. Keep in mind, I don't have a high tech SLR camera.

6 comments:

Kathy said...

i love dark vampy purple nails. pretty!

cranberryportage said...

I suggest you buy one of those golf gloves that you bought for me. The ones that are cut off and shows your nails. Or you can use those fitness glove, usually in black. This way the wrinkles are hidden. Or you can use an old winter gloves and cut them off so the fingers are shown.
But i love the idea of different shades of a color for the nails. I think I will try the shades of GREEN.

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said...

Ooh very pretty, I'll have to try this out next time I do my nails!

No Guts, No Glory said...

Cute!

keltie said...

SO CUTE!

lisa said...

Even if it's not perfectly ombré, it's still quite pretty!