Monday, August 8, 2011

10 Day You Challenge - 8 fears


  1. Cats. I am terrified, or I should say scared to DEATH of cats. This would be my #1 fear. Most of my friends tease me that they will one day lock me in a room full of cats to get over my fear. If they did this, I think I would seriously die from a panic or heart attack. Let's put it this way, I can't even watch a cat food commercial and if I do, I might have nightmares about them.
  2. Horror movies. There are some that I can watch, like Scream or I Know What You Did Last Summer but any movies that have to do with vampires (except Twilight), creepy children or religion scare the living daylight out of me. I will have nightmares after. For example, after watching The Lost Boys on Halloween, I woke up the entire house (I was sleeping at my in-laws' house) with my screaming in the middle of the night. It was embarrassing. Also after watching Daybreakers, I had serious nightmares. See, I don't do well with actual vampire movies (Twilight has nice, civilized vampires).
  3. Heights. No rollercoasters or ziplining for me.
  4. Dark. I can't fall asleep in pitch black. I have to have some type of light on, even if it's the TV. I even hate it when Mike turns off the lights before leaving and I am still in the condo.
  5. Knives. They freak me out. I am so scared of cutting myself. Small knives I can use but not those big ones. I will using a paring knife or scissors to cut food.
  6. Bridges. My knees buckle, especially when I have to go over one suspended in air or water.
  7. Public speaking. I'm shy and I hate people looking at me. I will avoid at all costs to not have to speak in front of people.
  8. Animals. They just all freak me out!

10 comments:

Kasey Lynne said...

I NEVER would've guessed that you don't like heights!! I don't know why, but that is a big surprise to me!

I hate bridges too...NO THANKS!

Meghan said...

I cut myself when chopping veggies ALL OF THE TIME! I feel your pain, girl!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

We have a few of the same fears! OK cats scare me but I can handle it (I actually got cat scratch fever as a kid and was diagnosed with leukemia!! I guess they have similar symptoms. Thank GOD I didn't have the latter!!)

My BIGGEST fear is heights. I literally get shaky, dizzy, and nauseous. On Saturday we went to my friend's beach apt and he has a deck on top of the roof. To get there we had to climb a wooden ladder attached to the wall. No bueno. I was literally stuck on the roof and couldn't get down. It was so embarrassing and the entire party was probably making fun of me!

Kathy said...

i'm with you on the horror movies. they fascinate me but i can never watch them and if there's a scary scene/trailer on tv, hubs will warn me ahead of time or i'll change the channel and wait until i think it's over.

the scariest movie ever is the exorcist. i hate the way the little girl looks and every time i see it (it's usually by accident i see her face), i can't get the image out of my mind.

inHERshoes said...

wow. i guess we can't go to disneyland and ride roller coaster! well, i guess we can always have fun on the ground, like we did in vegas! :)

cranberryportage said...

Well, like mother like daughter. I can handle cats more than you can and I know exactly how you got your fear. Public speaking I can also handle, it's kinda like Kareoke.
I hate driving late at night on country roads and if I do, I don't look at my rear view mirror. I am afraid of what I might see.

Marz said...

You are the cutest :) I know you don't think your fears are "cute," but I love learning these things about you. I am completely opposite when it comes to vampires. I use to be a HUGE Anne Rice fan so I was really into the vampire thing long before Twilight. I don't consider them scary at all! But I'm with you on religion or creepy children! Exorcism movies are terrifying! We watched "The Rite" recently and talk about nightmares afterwards. I am completely with you on public speaking. At my sister Madeline's wedding a couple weekends ago I had to make a speech at the reception since I was the Maid of Honor and even though it was just in front of family and friends I was STILL so nervous!!!!
p.s. I've missed you Leesh!!

Lin said...

I would've never guessed you were afraid of cats, dont know why though. I personally dont like them & their big ass claws but I'm not afraid of them. What I'm totally with you on is rollercoasters. Hate them!

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said...

I HATE heights. I can do rollercoasters but put me on a cliff somewhere and I would FREAK OUT.

Claire Kiefer said...

Oh man, you'd hate my life! And/or couldn't live in the bay area, haha. I drive over bridges every single day . . . 3 on Mondays and Thursdays. I love driving over the Pacific Ocean--it's so beautiful!