Sunday, August 21, 2011

4 year blogiversary!!!

{via weheartit}

That's right, I have been blogging for four years now. It probably wasn't only until maybe late 2009 that I actually started to receive comments and have followers/readers. I never intended to have readers, I mainly started this blog as an online journal, now four years later through my blog, I have met bloggers in real life, found a way to keep my mom in the loop of what's going on in my life, express my sadness when my brother passed away and won plenty of giveaways. It's really just fun  to be part of the blogging community. People who don't blog, don't understand or get how you can have blogger friends. I don't ever feel the need to explain to them because if you are a blogger, you know what's it's like to be accepted by a wonderful group, especially at times you don't feel like you fit in with your friends or just seem a little lost in life. My followers are a great bunch who support and care for me as if I were their family and because of them, I am truly grateful.

I didn't want to make a big deal of today. I thought about doing a giveaway, some posts leading up to my four year blogiversary but instead I thought it would be nice to just reflect on what I have written about since August 21, 2007. I'm going to share with you some posts throughout the years.

My first three posts on August 21, 2007:

Asides from a giveaway post, the post with the most comments (June 13, 2011):

Series I started:

Hardest post to write (July 29, 2009):

Surprisingly, the post with the most amount of page views:

My first blogger meet up (July 8-11, 2011):

My first tweet up dinner (August 6, 2010):

Some random facts about me:

So there you have it, a little blast from my past blogging. I'll leave now saying that if you have been following my blog for some time now - Thank you with a big hug and I hope you continue to follow me and my life's escapades. If you are new to my blog, I hope you find something interesting about this blog and keep coming back.

p.s. when I told my husband that today was my 4 year blogiversary, he laughed at me!

11 comments:

Elisse said...

Happy blogiversary!!! What a perfect way to celebrate this day!

I know i've said it before, but I'm so happy that we've connected through our blogs - we're truly blessed! And those that don't blog are missing out on an amazing experience!!

The Girlie Blog said...

Happy blogiversary! Your blog is very entertaining and I love how you have shown your (beautiful) personality through it. Hope you keep up with the good work!

The Food Junkie said...

Happy blogiversary! Four years is quite an accomplishment :) Keep up the great work ^_^

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said...

Happy blogiversary lady!!

Elaine A (TOBeautyReviews) said...

Happy Blogaversary! Even though I just found you recently I feel like I've known you awhile ;) Love how blogging and twitter can do that!

Kathy said...

happy blogiversary! four years is a long time to be consistently blogging. congrats.

of course, i love everything you write :)

Lin said...

4 years huh? Wow...congratulations sweets! I'll for sure be here to read more about you and your adventures ;)

inHERshoes said...

happy blog anniv! so glad we met through blogging! you are so good at remembering, i mean, i know when i started blogging but i don't even pay attention to write about my anniversary. well, maybe this year i will :)

Marz said...

Happy Blogiversary! :) I'm so thankful to have gotten to know you through your blog. You are truly special to me and I hope one day we'll get to meet! :) Mike laughing at you is exactly how my husband reacts when I tell him things like that about my blog :) lol

Kasey Lynne said...

YAY!! Happy blogiversary!!! 4 years...wow. That's so great. So glad we've become friends Leesh!!

cranberryportage said...

Congratulations to your 4 yrs. of blogging, sharing, expressing and just having fun. Thank you for encouraging me to start my own blog. I love that I can find out what you have been up to and now you can find out about my life here. Maybe one day we can meet MARZ in Texas. Keep up the awesome blog ever. Mike is just jealous because he doesn't a lot of followers.