Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Beauty Board: Summer Loving

BlushPretty, the most awesome makeup artist in the GTA and also my fabulous BFF had her 5th Beauty Board this past Sunday. If you are unfamiliar with Beauty Board 1) you are missing out and 2) you can check out some of my other Beauty Board posts herehere, here and here. This fun event is definitely for the beauty junkie, not only can you test of some great products that are hot on the market, you get to network, listen to great tunes, eat delicious food, sip on cocktails and leave with an amazing swag bag. Check out all the goodies I received (okay, some of the things in the photo I bought - Cheeky Monkey nail polish and Consonant Body face wash - and some I won from buying raffle tickets).

my goodies

Now after all the testing and reviewing, I got the chance to shop around and also meet a couple of bloggers/tweeters.  I forgot to bring my camera, so I was stuck taking crappy photos with my ghetto iPhone.

Stella & Dot
Featherbands
Cheeky Monkey Cosmetics
Revolution Organic
Consonant Body

I really like the networking aspect of Beauty Board, after all, we know that all ladies attending this event have something in common - we all LOVE beauty products. Two of my favorite companies, Cheeky Monkey Cosmetics and Consonant Body were both on hand and ready for questions. Andrea from Cheeky Monkey rocked the board with her tape to try on polishes. I am sure everyone in the room left with purchasing at least two bottles and Kristina at Consonant Body had some awesome deals going on with their products. So, of course, I had to stockpiles with the deals they were offering up at Beauty Board. Who could go wrong with $10 nail polishes and organic foaming face wash.

Other companies at the event, Vasanti, CoverGirl, Dalish Cosmetics, Revolution Organic, Avon|Mark, Stella & Dot and Featherbands. Check out BlushPretty's site in the next couple of day, I am sure she will have a full report on her successful event.

I had the lovely pleasure of meeting Elaine from Toronto Beauty Reviews, Donna from Makeup by Donna Marie and Keltie from chit chat, this and that.

me, Keltie and Kat

me and Maureen
I had a great time and I want to thank Stephanie from BlushPretty again for putting on such a fantastic event. Also thanks to my partner-in-crime, Maureen who I went with to Beauty Board with and helped her win the scavenger hunt.  I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say, we can't wait until the next one!!!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

i had a fantastic time at the bb as always! it gets better every year, don't you think?

what did you get from stella and dot? i can't wait to get my stuff :)

Elaine A (TOBeautyReviews) said...

Great post! I had an amazing time and I'm so glad I finally got to meet you! Regretting not snapping a photo with you though :( Next time!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Your blouse is so cute! It looks great with the pink lipstick!

-NoGutsNoGlory!