Friday, August 26, 2011

Happy 30th birthday Gino!

Today, Gino would have been 30. It's still such a tragedy that my brother decided he could not live on this earth anymore. He was so young with so much still ahead of him to live for. The last birthday I spent with him was his champagne birthday, on August 26, 2007 for his 26th birthday. 10 months later he passed away. I am glad that I will always have the memory that I got the chance to spend his last birthday with him. He was in the company of great friends and I know that he had a good time. I only wish that I had spent many more birthdays with him. I also remember him asking Mike and I to come out to Afterlife (a club downtown) to celebrate one of his birthday, maybe it was 23 or some young age. I am pretty sure if Gino was alive today, he would be spending it in Vegas with his friends. I know he has always wanted to go and I'm pretty sure most of his friends haven't been themselves.

So to my brother, wherever you are, Happy Birthday!!! I will celebrate in your usual style with your friends this evening. Since you left, they have somewhat designated me to always bring the jello shots. I guess they wanted me to take over your job.


I don't have many photos with my brother. This was taken at my wedding. I do remember that someone at his party for his champagne birthday took a couple of photos of us. Sadly, she never sent them to me =(

5 comments:

The Girlie Blog said...

Very nice birthday wish.

Elisse said...

Happy birthday, Gino!

Kasey Lynne said...

Happy Birthday to your brother.

Thinking of you today! I'm here if you need anything Leesh!!

No Guts, No Glory said...

Happy Birthday, Gino! Miss you, cuz!

-NoGutsNoGlory

No Guts, No Glory said...

Happy Birthday, Gino! xo

Hugs to you, Leesh... Maybe we'll call you tonight :)