Friday, August 19, 2011

me time

This is my third day off this week. I had Monday, yesterday and now today off. As much I would have love to be away, I am broke and can't afford to go on a short trip to a city or even to Mexico with my sister-in-law and her family. I had opportunities to accompany a friend to her work site visits across Ontario but my days off don't coincide with the days she is going on these site visits. So I'm stuck in my city, in my condo, but hey, I don't mind. I am well-rested. Here's what I did this week:

*I watched Red Riding Hood, some old episodes of Entourage, Friday Night Lights, Sons of Anarchy and Lipstick Jungle and today, I am going to the theatre to watch One Day. I am not sure if I mentioned it but I didn't enjoy reading One Day so I am going to check out the movie to see if it's better.

*On Tuesday after work, I got to spend some time with my BFF, Stephanie. I love that her studio is downtown because I get to see her more often than before. We have been friends since 1998 and from 2002-2004 we worked at the same firm and even sat right next to each other. When she moved to Ajax, we saw each other less frequently but it didn't put a damper on our friendship. I met her at her studio and she took me to Blushberry so I could finally try their frozen yogurt I kept reading about on Twitter. I opted to not be so daring since it's my first time. I got chocolate froyo with Cap'n Crunch and Stephanie also got chocolate froyo with walnuts. I can't wait to go back and try their fruit snow and different combination with the froyo and toppings. I have to admit, their chocolate froyo is much better than Pinkberry's, which is super chocolatey.

Queen St. and John St.
Chocolate froyo goodness

*Last night I painted my nails. This week I was smart to give my nails a rest not only because I have been painting them constantly but also because I had lots of filing to do at work. This week's inspiration is from Lindsay over at Something Fancy. I love the polish with glitter tips look. While Lindsay went with khaki and gold, I went with butterLondon's Tea with the Queen and Sephora by OPI's Traffic-Stopper Copper.

the glitter looks gold in this photo but it's really a rose gold


*So with the NFL starting back up again, I had to confirm with my secret football tutor (let's call him SFT from now on) when the season will start. He told me that pre-season games have started as of August 12, looks like I am going to have to re-read my favorite Football for Chicks blog and get all the terminology right. I am by no means a sports fanatic. There's a lot I don't know and I usually end up asking a lot of dumb questions. Thankfully SFT and Mr. Dee are very patient and take the time to explain things like the rules and players to me.

It's time for me to get ready and start off my day. Hope everyone has a nice weekend whatever you are doing. I can't believe that there are only a couple of weekends left before September hits. Where the heck did summer go?

p.s. I had Popeye's chicken on Wednesday night. I normally don't eat crap like that but let me tell you how delicious it was, especially when I dipped the chicken in their hot Louisiana sauce.

6 comments:

Elaine A (TOBeautyReviews) said...

Sounds like a great 3 days off to me! So jealous about blushberry. I have a group coupon to use there still! I should get on it while it's still nice out!

Elisse said...

Enjoy your me time!! I really like the glitter-tipped look on your nails!

Anonymous said...

I like your nails, so pretty!

-NoGutsNoGlory

Sammy said...

Mm that froyo looks so good. I need to head over to queen & john asap!! Blushberry sounds so cute!

Lin said...

I'm so glad you've been taking sometime for yourself.. We all need it every now & then. I'm pretty poor too, sucks cause I could totally use a mini vacation.

I've only had Popeye's chicken once but I remember it was SO good. Thinking about chicken totally makes me wish I had money to go to get Chick-fil-A...yum.

Marz said...

What did you think of One Day the movie version? I absolutely LOVED the book! I couldn't put it down!! I mean I agree, the ending threw me for a loop (I mean I kinda figured) but their whole realtionship (messy, missed opportunities etc) seemed "real" to me. Not your average love story, neat & tidy "fairy tale" - so I cannot wait to check out the movie. I wanted to so bad this weekend, but I actually worked all weekend and couldn't. I'm planning on seeing it Wed and we'll have to discuss it afterwards!

You are too adorable putting Cap'n Crunch on your froyo :) And I love your nails! So pretty!

I love football season! :) I've been enjoying the pre-season games and I cannot wait for the actual season to start! :) It's great you're trying to learn the game :)

I hate to admit this - but I love Popeye's! Their chicken tenders, fries and red beans and rice - DELICIOUS! I love that Cajun seasoning :)