Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Nail Art: shattered again



As I am snapping a photo of my nails, my hubby yells from the bedroom, "Are you taking a picture of your nails again?". He knows me so well. My purple ombré nails didn't last very long because I did lots of cleaning over the weekend (plus, I didn't do a good job painting them in the first place).

Yesterday, I opted for China Glaze Caribbean Blue with black crackle (the salon I go to uses some fake matte crackle, but who cares, it still looks awesome). I still like this shattered/crackled look but the next time I go in to get a manicure or polish change, I am going to do a design on one finger. I looked at their designs and there's some pretty cool ones. I would like to start to apply a design on one finger myself but it will take some practice. I've got nothing to lose though, practice makes perfect right?

6 comments:

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said...

Awesome, I love!

Kathy said...

M is so funny. it's amazing our how hubbys know us so well.

i love it! i rarely wear polish on my fingers (they always end up chipped and it's too much of a hassle for me to redo them) but this is so funky.

Lin said...

I like the way the blue really shines through, totally cute.

And, you're right, practice does make perfect!

Ann said...

It looks so fabulous ♥

Kasey Lynne said...

Oooo i LOVE those two colors together.

cranberryportage said...

if you have the right tools, designing one nail is not hard. Practice, practice, practice. Try doing on your big toe and maybe sometime try practicing on some of your friends and relatives. Start with simple flower design and then add a little something else next time