Thursday, August 25, 2011

CNE 2011

On my day off today, I went to the Canadian National Exhibition. I try to go once a year but last year, I am pretty sure Mike and I didn't go because we were in Jamaica. Anyway, I got my admission pass through Air Miles and off I went on the GO Train to the EX. Oh ya, I went by myself...

I didn't think I would be there that long considering I'm by myself, I had no one to share food with and no one to drag me to certain attractions but I was there for four hours. Kinda shocked me! I did go to the Food building, the Arts & Crafts building, the Home and International Pavilion. I also watched the 2:00 pm show of Beyond Broadway: Aerial Acrobatics & Ice Skating Show. All in all, I had fun just walking around. I talked to a lot of vendors (the pierogi lady shared her secret recipe for her cabbage rolls and her butter sauce for the pierogis) and I also got compliments on my outfit and sunglasses (hey, it totally made my day).

I am getting use to doing things alone (and not waiting to find someone to go with me), first going to the movies, then CNE, next step is to have dinner on my own. Anyway, here are a few photos from my day. I didn't snap a picture of the three dozen Tiny Tom donuts I bought before I left CNE. Let me just tell you that Cinnamon is my favorite. Also, if you want to know, the Deep Fried Oreo was yummy and my favorite of this year. Two years ago, it was Taco in a Bag.

Food building.  Love the animal print foot massage things but I would never use them.
Deep fried Oreo. Go to the booth on the grounds besides Strikers, they sell for $2. The booth at the food building sells it for $5.
with chocolate sauce and icing sugar
yummy goodness
I found the place that sells deep fried mac and cheese
a little too much for me. I only ate one
sand sculptures - this was the most interesting one
Singing, aerial acrobatics and ice skating
this game freaks me out!
If I was good at games, I would want to win this for Mike
waiting to take the train home before it rains

6 comments:

ADUBSTHOUGHTS said...

@superheroalo and I passed through this year on opening day...we were attending the Lil Wayne show at Molson Amphitheatre.

Saw the Mac & Cheesery....was it good?

I get bored in 5 mins at the CNE...don't trust the rides, shows are meh...food weird things are really the only GOOD thing lol

Steph said...

Deep fried Oreos look yummy!!!!
Thumbs up for going by yourself and having a great time!!!!

inHERshoes said...

i love the domo doll! deep fried mac n cheese sounds good, but like you said, i'll probably eat only one because it's soo rich, unless i'm really hungry.

Elisse said...

I went to the West Coast version of the CNE - ie PNE - Pacific National Exhibition - just a couple nights ago! So fun! When I go, I always have to get the mini donuts. YUM!

Kasey Lynne said...

I just had a deep fried oreo a few weeks ago at the fair and it was SOOO ridiculously good. I also tried a deep fried twinkie which was nasty.

Mmmm deep fried mac and cheese. I could probably eat all 4.

Glad you had a good time :)

No Guts, No Glory said...

No picture of your outfit?! You can't keep us in suspense!