Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Sephora by OPI: Sample Sale


Welcome back to my nail challenge. Earlier this year, I started to go through the 18 piece set of nail polish I got from my sister-in-law for Christmas. I wanted to test out one polish a week. Well, I started with the light colours in the winter and by the time I got to Sample Sale, it was summer time. I just can't wear dark colours in gorgeous sunny weather so I took a break. Now that the cool weather is upon us, I am going to pick up where I left off.


Sample Sale is a nice deep red but look what happens when you add some Sephora by OPI Blasted Gold...


Doesn't it look so much better? Okay, I'm a little obsessed with adding Blasted Gold to every colour I wear but I just love the look.

Nail tip #11 
To get added moisturizing benefits, take time to massage oil or cream right into the nail bed using small, circular motions. Try using Rosebud Salve, olive oil or Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream. This trick is great to do before going to sleep.

6 comments:

Dirt On The Rocks said...

i love the golld color over the red. it's so chic and it tones down the red a lot. it's really really nice!

Kathy said...

i'm in love with doing my finger nails now too. i really like the cracked look but not sure if i'm quite ready for that yet. i wish cheeky monkey would just lower their prices!

No Guts, No Glory said...

I feel like I am too old for the shatter effects. Maybe I should actually try it.

BTW, since you chose this red & gold combo, maybe you should choose the SF 49ers as your team! They are in first place in the NFC West!

Kasey Lynne said...

You know how much I LOVE red anything...but Im gonna have to agree that this red color looks WAYYYYY better with the gold OPI over it!

Elisse said...

With the blasted gold, it really made your nails pop! I think this is one of my fav look on your nails.

Micaela said...

red + gold are my FAVORITE two colors to pair up for the holidays. i'm going to have to try this look out!