Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sewing Project #1 and my own project

Monday was my third sewing class at The Sewing Studio. This week's project was a drawstring bag (aka - shoe bag). I had cut my fabric really crooked but I am pleased with how it turned out.



Now last Friday when I had to prep (wash, dry and iron) all the fabric I bought, I decided to cut the fabric and iron on the interfacing for a little project I had my eye on...little baby slippers. I found this pattern online early this year but didn't have access to a sewing machine to make it. When my instructor told me that because I am a student at the studio, I could take advantage of some free studio time to do some sewing. Because on Wednesdays, fee studio time is only from 2:45 to 5:00 pm, I asked to leave work early and was able to get in an hour and a half. I made  the cloth shoe in an hour (and that's because I did all the cutting, interfacing and pinning at home).  I was a little ambitious thinking that I would be able to make two pairs  today. So, here is the final product - the practice (or test) one. I am quite proud of it and hopefully, I can find some time to make more. What I love most about this shoe is the rubber sole fabric a salesperson at Fabricland showed me. Don't they look like little baby Toms shoes?





9 comments:

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Those are SO cute, good job!

inHERshoes said...

those are awesome, leesh! i love the animal print pouch. you think those shoes will fit maur's jake lamonte walker?! hahaha

Kathy said...

those are so cute!

Elaine A (TOBeautyReviews) said...

OMG great job!! Those are sooo cute!! Ummm...so I think I have to take lessons soon. I don't know WHAT you said up there :P

Shutterbug said...

Great job with the shoes and the bag! :D

No Guts, No Glory said...

Good job on the sewing projects!

Dirt On The Rocks said...

I want to learn how to sew. The baby shoes are so cute! They do look like Toms. They're definitely great D.I.Y gifts

Lin said...

Eeek...I love those shoes!

Joanne | Life's Fascinations said...

Cutest shoes ever! Great job! Now I want to sew too. :)