Sunday, October 2, 2011

10 Day You Challenge - 3 films


1. The Devil Wears Prada - I can watch this movie, over and over again. I actually just watched it on TV this afternoon even though I own a Blu-ray copy of it. I read the book and was very disappointed but the movie certainly made up for it. One scene that I love is when Andy Sachs transforms into a Runway girl and you see her walking to work in all sorts of outfits. Anne Hathaway was perfect for this movie. Her haircut in the movie when she gets a makeover is one of the inspiration for me to cut bangs. Here are some of my favorite lines from the movie:

Emily: Andrea, my God! You look so chic.
Andy Sachs: Oh, thanks. You look so thin.
Emily: Really? It's for Paris, I'm on this new diet. Well, I don't eat anything and when I feel like I'm about to faint, I eat a cube of cheese. I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Emily: Okay, I am hearing this...
[she moves her hand in a speech mimicking sign]
Emily: And I want to hear this.
[she closes her hand]

Miranda: That's all...

{image via}

2.  Remember the Titans - this is a feel good movie, one that isn't a chick flick. I love football movies even though I don't understand a thing about the game. If you haven't seen this movie, go and watch it. There is so much meaning been the whole story, oh wait, it's based on a true story (and if you are a Sons of Anarchy fan, Opie had a lead role, Gary Bertier, in this movie, it's a huge transformation). And Ryan Gosling is in it, although he isn't as sexy as he is now. Here are some of my favorite lines from the movie:

Older Sheryl: People say that it can't work, black and white. Here, we make it work every day. We still have our disagreements, of course, but before we reach for hate, always, always, we remember the Titans.

Coach Boone: [to his players] Tonight we've got Hayfield. Like all the other schools in this conference, they're all white. They don't have to worry about race. We do. let me tell you something: you don't let anyone come between us. Nothing tears us apart. In Greek mythology, the Titans were greater even than the gods. They ruled their universe with absolute power. Well that football field out there, that's our universe. Let's rule it like titans.

{image via}

3. Step Up 2 - I love dance movies, but this movie, I tend to watch it more often than others and it's probably because I like every single dance routine in it. The first Step Up was more romantic where as this one is more about street dancing. One of my favorite dance scene is when they are salsa dancing to Robin Thicke's Everything I Can't Have and also the final battle scene.



{image via}

Picking three movies is tough. There are so many that I like but these are ones that stick out. If I were to ask you to name three movies on the spot, what would they be? It's tough to answer huh?

7 comments:

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Oh my God, Remember The Titan. I ALWAYS cry over that movie!

inHERshoes said...

the devil wears prada is also i movie i could watch over and over, and the lines you wrote are so funny!

i think i can watch any chick flick over and over like "how to lose a guy in 10 days", "bride wars". raunchy movies like "hangover" and the "40-year old virgin" are also movies i can watch over and over.

Islandia Lane said...

oh I love Devil Wears Prada! For me though the first two are easy... Stealing Beauty and Empire Records... last could be a toss up but first thing that comes to mind right now is How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days - love that movie!

btw, totally heart Step-Up 2 also and Step-Up 3D feel like I quote that often "born from a boom-box" ;-)

No Guts, No Glory said...

I love the first two movies (esp RTT), but have never seen the third.

Niners won yesterday!

Dirt On The Rocks said...

The Devil Wears Prada was awesome. I loved every bit of that movie. It's the one chick flick that I absolutely love!

Shutterbug said...

I especially like "The Devil Wears Prada!" Like you, I can watch it again and again! And the other 2 movies are also great picks! :D

Kasey Lynne said...

The Devil Wears Prada = top 10 favorite movies of all time. Anne Hathaway AND Meryl Streep did such an AMAZING job. I like that same part in the movie as well.

Ohhhhhhh Step Up 2. The last dance sequence is one of my favorite movie moments of all time. I am obsessed with it. Robert Hoffman= eye candy.