Sunday, October 16, 2011

Hotmail account closed for good


Okay, I know that this isn't the most flattering photo of me. I was drunk at a wedding and kinda chubby (heck I look pregnant). I think this photo was taken back in 2007. Anyway, the reason for me posting this photo is that I just went through my hotmail account and I found this photo of my and my hubby.

It was funny and sad going through my emails. I got to reminisce looking at photos attached to emails that I saved but yet, I got a little choked up when I read all the email exchanges from my brother's friends and my friends when Gino died. Those emails I forward to my gmail, I never want to delete them. It's those emails that help me cope with my grieving.

I have had my hotmail account since July 12, 2000 and stopped using it in 2008. So an era has come to an end. I have deleted all my emails and will be closing it in a matter of minutes. Now I just have three emails, my personal gmail, an email associated with my blog and my work email (okay, I have two more but I don't use them that often, an email associated with the travel blog I have with my hubby and another email for the scarf swap I am co-hosting <-- shameless plug).

How many email account do you have?

11 comments:

Meghan said...

I think you look super pretty:)

I just got rid of my old yahoo account a few months ago, and I had that one since college! I couldn't believe it...

Joanne | Life's Fascinations said...

I have a couple email addresses I use but they get forwarded to my main account that I check all the time. I think I have a couple hotmail accounts but I forgot my password and don't even bother with it anymore. I don't think I get anything important in there or have anything saved. I think I have an AOL account too? But I don't even know how to access it anymore. Hehe. Oh well.
Hope you had a great weekend!! :)

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Right now I'm in the process of transferring everything to a new email account. My previous email account includes my married name and because I'm getting divorced I just think it's time for a change.

Hopefully I'll stick with this new one for a LONG time.

Jamie @ Rural Glamour said...

I have an old Yahoo account Ive had since 1998. I came across some old college emails that were hilarious, reminded me of the good times and good friends.

inHERshoes said...

hahaha i did clean up my e-mail accounts and posted about it a while ago. i had so many e-mails and some of them i couldn't remember the passwords (that's why i had so many). now i just have one e-mail for my blog and twitter. the other two are person and work.

Wendy KM said...

I counted 8 so far that I use on a regular basis and somehow I am able to manage them all! My main one is still Hotmail though - had it since 2000 as well!

Kathy said...

i have way too many email accts! maybe 4 or 5? i have one that is always used when i sign up for stuff (aka spam email addy) but i mostly use only 2.

Shutterbug said...

I have 6 email addresses! Way too many! I may have to follow suit and delete some of my accounts!

No Guts, No Glory said...

Glad I saw this post, because I missed the one about the scarf swap.

I have more email accounts than I can remember! I don't think I've ever closed any, so they are all still active, I think!

Dirt On The Rocks said...

I can relate. I've done that before. I also clearly remember when I just stopped using the email addy. Eventually years passed and I logged on just for the heck of it and I can't believe how much I've left behind with that email address.

Elisse said...

Oh yeah, I remember my emails from my teens/early 20s. At one point I was "sweetdiva@gurlmail.com" - LOL