Saturday, October 8, 2011

What I received: Sparkle Swap





Last month I joined Kaileen Elise's Sparkle Swap. I missed it last year so I was quite excited to sign up this time around. I never received any emails from the person who got me which is kinda cool because it then became a surprise as to when I would receive the package and who would be sending it. She sent my package in a very pretty box. I am so use to seeing brown paper wrapped box so receiving this was a nice treat.


It's really nice to receive items that you like and that someone took the time to find out more about you. Cassie did a great job because I love what she sent me. I can't wait to check out her blog and learn more about the super sweet girl who sent me my sparkle package. Here's what Cassie got me...

Included in my sparkle package from Cassie - a cute card, a soy candle, On the Go kit from J.R. Watkins, chocolate (although it doesn't say what kind) and a ticket stub diary

This candle smell so yummy

Lip balm, hand and cuticle salve and two hand & body lotion from J.R. Watkins


I already started to add in some of my ticket stubs

Thank you again to Kaileen Elise for organizing the sparkle swap (you just wouldn't understand how much work she put into it unless you were part of the swap. She sent out questionnaire and a really pretty pdf with all our swap partner's contact info and survey answers) and a special thanks to Cassie for my sparkly package. This was a fun swap. Now I just hope my swap partner received the package I sent. I'm getting a little worried (that's because stupid me sent it by surface mail instead of air mail).


16 comments:

Nikolett said...

Looks like such a cool swap! My ticket stub diary would be full of movie theatre tickets haha. And any autumn-related candles are da bomb :D Hope you have an awesome Thanksgiving!

inHERshoes said...

j.r. watkins stuff are pretty cool! that ticket stub diary is awesome! it's like a journal without having to do a lot of writing but let's you remember events you went to!

Shutterbug said...

Don't you just love swaps! You never know what you are going to get! ;P

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Wow, looks like she did an awesome job!

Elisse said...

How fun!!! I'm sure you'll love all of it, especially the cuticle lotion from JR Watkins!!

The Girlie Blog said...

Sparkle Swap - what a great idea. And you got such nice things too. Kudos!

Marina said...

Lovely swap! I would love to join some cool swap, but they are mostly just for US :(

Kristen said...

How neat! I want to do this and swap fun things!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

A ticket stub diary? That is awesome!!! I really wish I'd saved all of my stubs over the years. It'd be cool to see them all and know exactly how many I've been to. Any idea of where one can be bought?

bananas. said...

i once won JR watkins hands soap in a blog giveaway. weird, yes, but now i won't use anything else.

absolutely. LURVE. that brand!!!

Kristina said...

what a great idea! I love the idea of getting a little gift in the mail. The ticket stub book is a great idea - may just have to get one for myself.

Micaela said...

wasn't this such a fun swap? and you're completely right-- she was SO organized!!! i can't wait to blog about this swap but i'm waiting on my package from my partner (could it be you? ha! wouldn't that be icing on my cake!)

i love what cassie sent you-- who doesn't need a candle that smells like autumn in a jar and the "on the go" kit? GENIUS!!! i love that you keep your ticket stubs.

xo

Kaileen Elise said...

I am so happy you enjoyed the experience! Cassie did a great job finding sparkle that matched you perfectly :)

Cassie Boorn said...

I JUST saw this! So glad that you enjoyed the package. Those chocolates are actually caramels and they are made locally here. The store clerk told me they were the best candy in the entire world. Enjoy!

I had SO much fun picking our your sparkle. Thank you for stopping by my blog and for such a sweet post!

Danielle said...

I participated in the swap too & received such an incredible package as well that was tailored specifically to me. It's been fun seeing what the other participants received as well. Can't wait to do it again.

Amy Rene said...

i totally keep all of my ticket stubs. since, like, high school. it's pretty cool.