I wrote Movie thoughts as my post title instead of movie review because we all know what it's about. Instead, I will just give my thoughts without giving anything away.
After seeing the trailer and reading the first half of the book (I quickly re-read it this week before watching the movie today), I wasn't quite sure what the movie would entail. But there is so much more scenes than what the trailer was showing. I liked the movie. Breaking Dawn was my favorite book of the saga and it's probably because it's the first one I read (My MIL found the book in a rental car, gave it to me and said, "maybe you should read this. I don't like it, it's about vampires), so the movie might just also be my favorite movie of the saga.
Yes, I did go and watch it by myself, it's tradition for me to watch it on my own on opening day. I opted out of watching the very first show even though I bought a ticket for the 12 pm (it was a PD day, no school for kids) so there was a bunch of teens running and screaming around the building. Instead, I found a theatre for the next showing that was quiet and filled with couple, girlfriends and mothers & daughters. Here are some of the things I liked about the movie, don't worry, I am not giving anything away or spoiling it for you:
- OMG, Jacob looks hot now, he's older, still buff. When he comes to Edward and Bella's wedding, I love on him the disheveled look, messy clothes and scruff on his face.
- The wedding ceremony (location and how it's decorated) is beautiful.
- I love how they played Flightless Bird, American Mouth and Bella's Lullaby during the wedding scenes.
- Honeymoon location, Isle Esme is so picturesque, wherever it may really be.
- Bedroom/Honeymoon/sex/breaking the bed scene was cheesy.
- Cullen's House is gorgeous, I want to live in a house like that.
- Acting in the movie is way better than all the other movies. Bella isn't annoying and she doesn't do that shuddering thing <--you know what I mean.
- The pack (in their wolf form) talking to each other was the most cheesiest part of the movie for me.
- Seth, the youngest member of the pack is adorable. I love this guy, he's sweet caring and funny!
- I was a little squeamish about the part when Bella gives birth, a little disturbing in my opinion.
When you watch the movie, don't forget to stay until after the ending credits, there's a small scene at the end. I was warned about it so I stayed and giggled to myself as most of the people walked out.
Did you watch Breaking Dawn? What did you think of it?