Tuesday, November 8, 2011

November Goals


It seems like there are many bloggers who are writing down their goals for the month (Life's Fascinations and Kaileen Elise, to name a couple). I thought I would join in and maybe it might just give me the motivation to reach my own goals.

  • I want to try not to paint my nails for two weeks. I love nail polish and I feel weird when I don't wear any but because of this, my nails are stained. I need to give them a rest, a little breather. I took off the orange and black nail design I had for Halloween on Monday, it's only been eight days and I am jonzing already to paint them.
  • I would like to at least run on the treadmill and do 40 minutes of Pilates once a week. I was so good a year ago with Pilates almost every day and the treadmill at least three times a week. I am not sure when and why I lost my motivation. I'll start off slowly and hopefully, I will start to feel good again and will want to go more often.
  • I need to try to new recipes, healthy recipes. For the past six months, I have been a lazy cook. I actually hate cooking these days. If I learn how to make something healthy and yummy, hubby and I might just stop eating crap. Do you have any recipe suggestions I should try?
  • I'm going to try to drink more tea than coffee. Suddenly these days, I find that I crave for coffee. Not a good thing in my books.  If I can ween myself off coffee (especially americanos and cappuccinos) and just buy a stack load of teas from David's Tea, I'll be good to go. Just to let you know, I had my last coffee this morning.

Now speaking of goals, after I turned 34, I made a list of some things I wanted to do before I turn 35. Seeing that today is November 8 and we are one month away from my birthday, I wanted to revisit my 34 for 34 list and see where I am at. I am so far behind and I have a feeling I won't be able to complete half of them, especially going back to Jamaica and Miami for my birthday. Sigh...

11 comments:

kat said...

i try to do goals but i never achieve them so instead, i do mini-goals. something like: fold laundry. yes, i'm that lazy!

i've stopped with the polish too and i so want to paint my nails again but my nails needed a break! with the cold weather, they were all dry and peely and gross hence, the break.

Girlie Blogger said...

Great goals. We all need them.

Good luck and don't forget to update us on your progress.


http://www.thegirlieblog.com

keltie said...

I'm all about the goals this month too! I don't know how healthy this recipe is but it's GOOD and easy. Ina Garten's Turkey Lasagna
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/turkey-lasagna-recipe/index.html

Joanne said...

Thanks for the mention! :)
I had a similar goal with painting my nails, except it was for my toes. (hope that doesn't sound too gross) They were always painted. I stopped after I came back from Europe. I gave myself a good pedicure, filed, buffed, etc and now a clear polish stays on it. I think I'll keep it that way til spring/summer then the coloured polishes are coming back on!
I'm still working on getting myself back to the gym. It's the hardest part!!

Michelleesque said...

Whenever I make a list of goals, I never seem to follow through. I don't know why. I think it's poor time management skills. Hopefully this time around, I'll follow through with everything that I want to get done.

Love your list!
I hope you have a wonderful rest of the week!

Stephanie said...

Ging to miami for the new year. You're welcome to join me!!!!!

Lin said...

Great goals! I wan to try new recipes too. I feel like we've been eating all the same things, they're getting sorta gross.

abby said...

I actually am going to start drinking more tea than coffee. I feel like I drink way more coffee than I should each day.

I also need to change my eating habits. New recipes that are a lot healthier is definitely what's on my mind at the moment. I've been eating extremely unhealthy.

jessica {creative index} said...

i did a goal list for nov too! yours are good... i need to add cooking to mine! and i've been drinking way to much coffee lately too...

Danielle said...

These are good goals. I also am trying to focus on my health too. Being 35 made me realize that I don't have the metabolism of my former younger self, ha. Thanks for stopping by my blog via Linda's.

Elisse said...

Hey you're almost there - so are you having coffee on Dec. 1? Would love to read a recap of your November goals and how you did this month :)