Thursday, November 3, 2011

What I received: Warm Hug Scarf Swap


There's no rule against swapping with your co-host when you host a swap right? Well, the lovely Elisse and I decided to be swap partner for our Warm Hug Scarf Swap. I was very hesitant about doing this scarf swap after reading that a fellow blogger was hosting one too. Looking back, I am glad Elisse and I went through with it. We had 28 people sign up and boy, was that more than we expected. Thank you to everyone who signed up. I hope you receive a scarf as pretty as the ones I received. I was lucky that Elisse sent me two (secretly, I sent her two too!).

two scarves - one purple & gold and the other a cobalt blue infinity scarf,
Starbucks gift card and cobalt blue teardrop earrings




I hate asking my hubby to take a photo of me so I will admit that I am one of those ghetto people who take a photo of themselves with their phone in front of a mirror (hey, at least I don't use it as a profile pic).

I love this infinity scarf

I am going to use this one to try out the 25 ways to wear a scarf




Thank you Elisse for agreeing to co-host this scarf swap with me and also to being my swap partner. It was fun and I can't wait to see what everyone else gets. If you have participated in Warm Hug Scarf Swap and received your package, please leave a link to your blog post or tweet in the comment section. I want to see what you got!!!!

7 comments:

kat said...

i mailed mine out on monday. excited to see what i got!

Elaine A (TOBeautyReviews) said...

Awww what a cute idea! I love the scarves you got too! and hey, no shame in taking a photo of yourself in the mirror! I was going to do that too (before I did the tripod self timer thing) but realized that my mirror was really dirty and I was too lazy to clean it LOL!!

I hate asking my husband to take pics of me too - to my surprise the other day we were out and he said "let me take some photos of you for the blog" - my jaw dropped and I just let him :P

Elisse said...

The purple scarf looks fantastic! And the infinity one was a sure bet. I had fun hosting this swap with you and I'm hoping we'll get to do another one in the new year! Or make this an annual event :)

Hubby is not a big fan of taking photos for my blog, so I will resort to doing the mirror pics or ask my friends to take them for me!

inHERshoes said...

love the scarves!
yes, i am on the ghetto crew with you as you have already seen my photos! lol

however, tom doesn't mind taking photos of me for my blog as long as i leave him out of it :)

Amy Rene said...

I need to learn how to wear scarves like that! Love the video.

Love your scarves :)

jessica {creative index} said...

love the scarves you got! and i love that video! def have to try some of those out!

Kasey Lynne said...

YAY for mirror pictures!!

You look gorgeous my friend!! LOVE the scarves! Good job Elisse.