Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Throwing in the towel for 24 Days of Christmas




I suck. I am unable to complete one of my December goals - to post up daily my 24 Days of Christmas. I got up to Day 8 and now I am behind five days. It didn't help that I was out a couple of nights for birthday dinners and then over the weekend, I felt run down and a cold coming on. I don't think I can catch up. Honestly, I don't want to catch up. It's too hard to blog daily about the same thing. Well, at least I tried.

I may blog about some of my favorite David's Tea from the 24 days of Tea and maybe I will still share a Christmas song or two. Now that I got that out of the way, here's what been happening with me:

I bought two sweaters and three silky type dress shirts from Joe Fresh and only spent $115.

I watched New Years Eve with my hubby on the weekend and it's a crap movie. Please don't waste your money to see it. Trust me when I say to wait for it to come out on DVD.

Mike and I are in the December issue of MoneySense. Go check it out on the newsstands, we are on page 64.

I'm feeling a pang of guilty because I am receiving plenty of Christmas cards from family, friends and bloggers. I didn't really plan on sending Christmas cards out this year. I honestly haven't been feeling that festive. As some of you may know, Christmas is and has been very hard for me. Going to New York for Christmas is suppose to help me love Christmas again and I hope it works. 

When I was at the One of a Kind show, I purchased these magnets for a blogger I follow. She didn't want to give me her address to I can send the cute magnets to her (kinda hurt a bit but I'll live). If you want them, let me know in the comment section and I will send it to you. I just don't know what to do with them.

11 comments:

Kathy said...

i totally get that the internet can be crawling with creeps and we all have to be careful but i think that was kind of mean she didn't give you her mailing address. you basically wasted your money and you were just being thoughtful!

Elaine A (TOBeautyReviews) said...

Aww that's kind of sad that she didn't want to give out her mailing address. I guess I can see where she is coming from but I'm going to assume she can look you up and see you are REAL and not some creepy stalker type!

I used to feel guilty about all the cards I received and I thought to myself that one day I will get into the habit but I never did, so now I don't bother feeling bad since I never started the whole Christmas card thing anyway. Just look forward to your trip! (You're going to NYC right?). And hey let's plan something in January where we can eat some yummy food and make sure that Kat comes along this time too ;)

cranberryportage said...

Don't feel guilty about not sending Christmas cards this year. Those friends and family that loves you no matter what, so just try and feel better for your upcoming NYC trip. You will feel worst if you are sending cards that does not come from the heart. It's very hard to blog everyday if you have a full time job, I even find it hard and I am retired.

Leesh said...

That was my mom who left the above comment and you know what, she made me feel so much better with her comment that family and friends will love me no matter what.

Like they say...mothers know best :)

Elisse said...

Yes - mother's do know best! As for falling in love with Christmas again, I hope you don't put too much expectation that the NYC trip will change your feelings about this particular holiday. For some people, Christmas is never an exciting time, and that is totally ok. It can be hard being around people who are so into Christmas though. Besides, the NYC trip is also about who you're going with and the memories that you make/experience, Christmas or not.

xo

Kasey Lynne said...

Ummm how can you mention that you bought clothing but NOT show us what they are?!?!?! Cmon girl!!

AHHH I can't wait to see how New York changes your feelings about Christmas!! ;)

I will definitely not waste money on New Years Eve...it looks JUST like Valentine's Day and I didn't like that movie AT ALL!!

Shutterbug said...

it's not always easy to post every day. at least you tried...

inHERshoes said...

exactly, just like what your mom said! :)
i'm not sending out xmas cards either this year, except to my parents and a gift box.

Margarita said...

That's too bad about the blogger. I really don't understand too much about not wanting to receive gifts, lol. Don't feel bad. Seriously. Every person in the world is different. I'm a crazy card person. I buy cards for every single person I know, INDIVIDUALLY for the most part. Seriously. And then I buy an extra box in case I miss anyone. Which I always feel I do. I only get cards back from closest family and some friends, but for me it's more about the sending out - the writing little anecdotes and trying to touch upon something. It's hard to explain really. And don't feel bad about the not blogging. Cus I hardly find time to either.

Let go of guilt. That should be your new year's resolution. Let go of guilt and just sit back and enjoy the good things :)

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

I'm not sending out Christmas cards this year either... with my divorce going on it just seems really weird.

abby said...

I guess some bloggers just get scared to give out their mailing address. I usually give an address that's not exactly where I live that way I don't feel so scared about it. However, the gesture is really sweet. It's nice that you went out of your way to get her a little something.

Don't feel guilty for not being in the spirit of the Holiday. I know that the only reason I'm sort of into it is for my son, but really we don't even have any lights or a tree up at home. Nothing's changed and to me its just another day. Don't feel bad. Just know that there are a lot of people who care for you and wanted to greet you well for the Holidays :) I'm sure they don't need anything in return but to see you smile as you open their cards :)