Tuesday, January 17, 2012

2012 Mini Goals


{via}

This year, besides trying to go to the gym, I want to set up some mini goals for myself. Goals that I hope to attain at some point throughout the year. Some are for the first few months and some might be done at the end of the year.

Personal.
*Stop buying things just because they are on sale. I live in a tiny condo, there is no room to stockpile. Most of the time, the sale items are things you don't really need.
*Pick up another hobby. Last year, I took sewing classes. So it's either buy a sewing machine or take another class of some sort. Maybe knitting?
*Read 25 books this year. Last year, my Goodreads goal was 15 and I surpassed it by reading 19.
*Write more snail mail letters to family and friends.
*Instead of hoarding magazines because there is something I like in an issue, I'm going to tear out the page and paste it in the ideas journal I received from the lovely Candice.
*Use Pinterest more to get inspired.
*Try to do more craft projects.
*Go on at least two beach vacations and one city vacation. Going away is the only thing that keeps me sane.

Fitness & Health.
*Write down what I eat and what exercise I did in a journal. I want to find out what upsets my stomach but also keep track of my eating habits.
*Obviously, try to lose 8 pounds.
*No eating after 8:00 pm on weeknights.

Beauty & Fashion.
*I need to shop buying clothes for the next three months. Just in December I bought two winter coats, three pairs of boats, three silk blouses, two sweaters, four pairs of pants and a watch. I did enough damage in one month that most people do in three months.
*No more buying nail polish, bracelets, makeup or scarves.
*Limit my nail polish wear. My nails are so soft from me buffing them because they get stained too easily from the dark polish I wear.
*Try to not wear black all the time. When spring arrives, I want to switch to pastel colours. This is when I will start to shop again.

Relationships.
*Do once a month date night with Mike. When we were in New York, we both discovered that we love sitting in hotel bars drinking. We are going to check out different hotel bars in our own city for date night.
*Visit my mom this year.
*Make a huge effort to see or talk to my dad.
*Call at least one friend a month and see how they are doing. I will pick a different friend a month. We never make phone calls anymore and have live conversations. Or even better, Skype - yes, I am talking to you Elisse. Everything is over text, What's App or Twitter these days.

Blogging.
*Make more of an effort to write posts for our travel blog, Beach Junkies.
*Discover 1-2 new blogs a month and make a connection with the blogger.

Professional.
*Either try to enjoy my job or get out, meaning start applying for jobs.
*Try to let things go and just do as I am told even if it's ridiculous. Trying to defend myself or point out something to my boss takes up too much energy.

14 comments:

keltie said...

I love mini goals! Be sure to try the bar at the Thompson Hotel, I think you'll like it!

Pinkie said...

You are still young and if you are not happy, find another job and take your time. You never know what is really out there. Go on different sites. I did and got an interview and just waiting.

Pinkie said...

You are still young. You should look and you will not know what is out there. If you are not happy in your job, start looking. I did and I went for an interview and one young lady in our office is looking as well.

Kathy said...

mini goals are totally attainable. you can do it!

No Guts, No Glory said...

Good goals!

Joanne said...

Love your mini goals!
Date night is one that hubs & I are trying to do once a month as well. Still need to figure out what we can do.
Good luck on your goals! I'm sure you'll be able to check them off your list. :)

Girlie Blogger said...

Good goals. You go girl!

Have you tried My Fitness Pal app on the iPHone? It's super easy to record what you eat, and estimates your daily calorie intake.

www.thegirlieblog.com

lisa said...

Good luck with your goals!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

These are some pretty great goals - all the way from shopping to your professional life. There are def a few things I should strive for as well!

Kasey Lynne said...

Dang..you read 34 books last year?!?! I wish I had that much time to read. Maybe that should be one of my goals...to read atleast 3 books hahaha

LOVE snail mail.

You december sounds like my January LAST year. I think I spent my whole Christmas bonus in like 5 days. It was SO bad! I feel ya girl.

Lin said...

Love this post & your mini goals, they're all so realistic. I actually haven't painted my nails in months. They started to turn pretty yellow so I thought it was time for a break. I should probably set a goal to stop shopping too :/

Shutterbug said...

I'm impressed with your list of goals! :)

Elisse said...

Yes - we gotta Skype big time. Way overdue on that!

And I will join you on your no-shopping ban. I packed a carry-on for SF, which helped limit my spending. But now I really need to save more money to put towards buying a place. Seriously - we are going on the shopping ban together!

Mini-goals are awesome because as I read through your list, each of what you have listed is specific and attainable. And I was so proud that you surpassed your reading goal last year. Totally doable again this year.

destination-delicious.com said...

great goals! I especially like the food/exercise goal. I am doing it, but in the form of my blog and it's really causing me to eat healthier and work out!
I also like the date night goal. Les and I went out Saturday night for the first time in FOREVER, and it was so nice!