Thursday, January 19, 2012

It's that time of the month...

...and no, I am not talking about getting my period. It's Glymm time!


Last month, for my birthday, the lovely Elisse got me a three month gift subscription for Glymm . If you haven't heard of Glymm, it's like Birchbox, Luxebox, you know all those types of subscriptions that will send you a couple of full-size or samples of beauty products.



December box. Elisse was adamant of making sure my first Glymm box would arrive before my trip to New York and it did! I was so excited to receive it. Now stupid me threw out the card that describes all the products included in the box (I also threw out January, so I will be sure to keep February's). Sadly, I can't remember the product names but I can tell you, I received two hand creams, some face lotion, a perfume sample, lip gloss and a little container of jelly beans (this was my favorite item-which makes me think, I would so sign up for a candy of the month subscription). The Caudalie hand and nail cream came in handy in New York since the cold weather dried my hands. This cream was scented with sweet oranges and really added the moisture my hands were craving. The Ahava hand cream has too strong of a scent for me. I used the face stuff but didn't notice anything, hence probably why I don't remember the name. I am going to give the perfume sample to my mom and I have yet to try the lip gloss.



January box. Body lotion, face lotion, cleansing cloth, eve pencil and brow gel is what filled this month's box. I'll admit I was a little disappointed to not find any candy in the box. It was the one thing I was looking forward too! I just applied the Burt's Bees Milk & Honey lotion. Although it went on smooth, my skin still feels dry and I wasn't thrilled about the scent. I can't wait to try the Kaia 100% biodegradable bamboo cleansing cloth. My favorite company, Consonant Body raved about this product (which makes me wonder if Consonant will ever come out with a cleansing cloth - get on that now!) and I was curious to try it. Now thanks to Glymm, I get the chance. I will report on it next month. I am also excited to try the Anastasia clear brow gel. I am back to trying to re-grow my brows and retain a nice shape so this gel is going to help the process.

Sorry, I didn't include links or more feedback on some of the products. I promise when I receive next month's box, I will be more thorough since it will be the last of my subscription.

Do you subscribe to any beauty boxes?

7 comments:

keltie said...

OMG OMG OMG, my friend in California has a birchbox subscription and I was bummed they didn't deliver in Canada. I had no idea about Glymm. I'm looking into it IMMEDIATELY. LOVE!

Girlie Blogger said...

No I don't. But looks like I should. I'd love to try them though.

www.thegirlieblog.com

Lin said...

I've heard of these but never used them. Looks like you got some good stuff, even though you didn't like all of it.

Joanne said...

I had no idea beauty boxes existed!! What a great idea for a gift. Looks like awesome products.

Kasey Lynne said...

Wow...this is awesome.
I recently tried to sign up for Birchbox, but I had to be wait-listed.

Sadii B. said...

That's such a cool idea. Love it.

www.sweetsadii.blogspot.com

Elisse said...

Glymm boxes are fun, non? I like how the goodies are all wrapped up so pretty. And they're perfect for saving for trips too - good thing the Caudalie lotion came in handy in NYC :)