Thursday, February 9, 2012

Beauty wants and surprises

Since I have put myself on locked down with buying any makeup, here are two things that I am lusting over. After March, I may pick up these two...


{via}

Benefit Watt's Up!. Benefit is one of my favorite brands. I practically love every item they have. In the summer, once I have my hit of sun, I like to highlight my bronzed skin with something shimmery. I think Watt's Up will add that bit of J.Lo glow without the overkill.

{via}

Nars Blush in Torrid. For years, I have always used Orgasm and finally I decided I would like to try something else. Torrid has that shimmer like Orgasm but is much darker. I find that Orgasm doesn't add enough colour to the apples of my cheeks. Yes, I am that girl who over-exaggerates her blush.

***

So, I said I was on lock down from buying but it doesn't stop me from accepting products given to me. I have the bestest sister-in-law in the world who quite often hooks me up. So, the two products below is what she gave me this past weekend.

{via}

MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick in Morange. I have been wanting an orange lipstick for a couple of months now. I was really envious when my BFF, Stfne showed me her new Tom Ford lipstick in Wild Ginger. I was tempted to buy it for myself until I receive this Morange lipstick from my SIL. I wore it yesterday and I am in love. It's the right shade of orange, bright but not too bright.

{via}

I also got this discontinued concealer brush from my SIL. It took me a while to figure out exactly what kind of brush it is but I was almost positive it was to apply concealer. This brush is working so well with the INGLOT concealer I bought while in New York. It's covering up the gigantic zit on my forehead nicely.

***

Okay, okay...I bought two of these beauties at a discounted price. I am not breaking my rule because I actually ordered it at the end of 2011.

{via}

I bought Chunky Cherry before my trip to Vegas. It's like a big crayon and works perfectly to line and fill in your lips. After some tweets back and forth with @beautysweetspot, she convinced me to buy Whole Lotta Honey but I also decided on Fuller Fig, a darker plum colour. What I love most about these sticks is that they will fit in your clutch.

***

Last but not least, more lipsticks to add to my collection. I didn't buy these. They were sent to me by the lovely, Reni. She was talking about these Revlon Lip Butters and L'Oreal Balm on Twitter and I knew that they were not selling in Canada yet.  She was kind enough to send me two of each (Sugar Plum and Lollipop Lip Butters and Plush Plum and Caring Coral Balms). I am currently using Lollipop, a bright hot pink (far right) and Caring Coral, a nice peachy colour (far left).



What are some beauty products you want or are currently using?

5 comments:

Girlie Blogger said...

Your SIL is awesome. Oh. That NARS blush is pretty.

in HER shoes said...

so glad i got you those, i just thought since revlon and l'oreal are worldwide brands that they'd be available in canada. i am lucky to have a couple of friends with the same skin sensitivity issues who are more risk-takers than myself, so they try out products and let me know about them (or gift it to me). so lately, i've been trying (and really loving) thebalm cosmetics and skincare.

kat said...

ooo i lurve makeup! NARS is one of my favourite brands and i'm pretty sure that brush is for concealer. it looks like the shape of my concealer brush.

lisa said...

Gah this post makes me want to shop for makeup even though I have more than enough.

Hmm lately I've been loving my Shu Uemura lash curler. I had this cheap $1 E.L.F. one that I received to review ages ago. After about 3-4 years it finally broke, so I decided to splurge.

Stacey said...

Oooh! You make me want to overhaul my makeup bag, Leesh. :)

One weird thing I've never been able to figure out is why I have NEVER been able to look good in ANY lipstick. I've tried every colour possible I think...

Also I eat too much so lipstick just gets wiped off every 10 seconds. I haven't found one that A) looks good on me and B) can stand up to my non-stop feeding frenzy! LOL!