Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I love the hair donut

Thanks to the lovely Samantha for showing me the HAIR DONUT. I made my hair donut two nights ago from my hubby's black tube sock. He was a bit upset that I wanted to cut up his dri-fit Nike socks but I had to use a black sock since my hair is dark.

Let me tell you that this is the best invention ever. I wish I had known about this sooner because it makes it easier for me to whip up a bun. With this hair donut, all I need to do is pull my hair into a high ponytail, tease my hair a bit, place the hair donut at the ends holding it high up in the air, try to wrap the hair around the donut and proceed to roll and twist the donut down while ensuring that my hair wraps nicely around the donut. It's just that easy but if the way I described it is too confusing, check out this video (watch around the 3:55 mark). Just look how perfect and voluminous it looks and I did it all by myself!




"My anaconda don't want none / Unless you've got buns, hun" - Sir Mix-a-Lot

8 comments:

Kathy said...

interesting.. but i doubt it'll hold my heavy horse hair :(

Girlie Blogger said...

Need to try this. I am bad at hair.

Elaine A (TOBeautyReviews) said...

I always wanted to try this then of course I went and chopped my hair off :P

Tamara said...

It looks cute and class! Love your bangs. I get a kick out of that Sir mixalot quote LOL

Kasey Lynne said...

That looks great!!!

It does sound a little confusing/complicated, but I definitely want to try it.

Lin said...

Cute! Then again you can pretty much make anything look trendy :)

Sandy a la Mode said...

i need to try this! i just had a post about my poor man's bun haha!

Elisse said...

Leesh! I just "discovered" the sock bun on pinterest tonight, and remembered you did a post on this. I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes :)