Monday, February 6, 2012

It's okay to...

...not want to stay at a resort because the beds have a bedspread, the shower has a shower curtain or there are cats or coatis [pic and pic] roaming around.

...hate your hair because you told your hairstylist to cut your bangs differently and add layers to your hair.

...have adult acne and be really frustrated with it. Any product suggestions?

...make up nicknames for certain people who live in a bubble, who are slightly dense or those who feel entitled.

...have nerdy glasses because you like the look but yet be embarrassed to wear them to work. I know they won't get the look.

...be obsessed with etiquette. I bought the Emily Post book on etiquette, it should arrive any day.

...not know when to use who and whom (whoever, whomever).

10 comments:

Mrs. Parker said...

I am hating my adult acne...I've never had acne before, so it's definitely pissing me off!
Let me know how useful that Emily Post book is -- I might need to add it to my library

in HER shoes said...

i've never had acne before, but on the rare days i have a pimple show up somewhere, i use this product from neutrogena: http://www.neutrogena.com/product/rapid+clear+acne+eliminating+spot+gel.do?sortby=ourPicks

LOL, on the "who and whom" use. since i work at a school, i do prefer that people i work with know how to use it but when i'm in social gatherings with friends, i don't go ross geller on people correcting them on it.

Micaela said...

i hear ya on the adult acne!!! i have the worst acne of my life -- i thought this was supposed to be a plus of getting older. ProActive seemed to work but dry my skin out really bad. Right now i'm using Neutrogena because i figure if i'm "good to my skin" and don't over work it with chemicals, maybe it'll be good back to me. We'll see! lol

ps. the nerdy glasses one made me giggle!

Angie Tingas said...

Sometimes it's Just OK! :)

Kathy said...

my skin is too dry for acne; never had it when i was a teen either.

how about proactive? i heard it works?

Elaine A (TOBeautyReviews) said...

No don't use proactive! I used it and it does work but it's too harsh for adult skin. Teen skin is much more resiliant. I know it's counter intuitive but try adding moisture to acne instead of drying out. After I read that book "Pure and Simple" it made so much more sense. I actually use a face oil now and I don't get new breakouts, it actually helps heal the old break outs quicker and I haven't been getting those deep hurty type pimples anymore.

Kasey Lynne said...

The Neutrogena Gel that Reni mentioned works REALLY well. I use it everytime I get a breakout.

Take a picture with your nerdy glasses! I wanna see.

Anonymous said...

Murad's Exfoliating Acne Gel is AWESOME! Ask for a sample at Sephora and try it out.

Leesh said...

Whoever left this comment, thank you. This is a different suggestion from all the others I got. I will definitely go to Sephora tonight and ask for a sample.

Lin said...

Haha, I totally get adult acne...it sucks. Also, I have NO idea when to use whom or who.