Tuesday, February 7, 2012

So you had a bad day...


I had the baddest of bad days. It was to the point that I was shaking, trembling and on the verge of crying, followed by bouts of anxiety attacks. Obviously it was about work. It was so bad that I was tempted to walk out but mortgage, upcoming trip and my hubby popped into my head. I went to the bathroom, locked myself in the stall and cried. Yes, call me a wimp, call me weak but I think I just had a moment where I was sure, I had had the last straw. I somehow made it through the day because my new colleague, who sat outside the washroom stall and just talked me through it. She's a darling and even though I have only known her for three months, today she was my savior, my rock.

I usually don't want to write about work on my blog (because who knows who is reading it) but tonight, I am going to throw myself a huge pity party (at the dear Elisse's suggestion) and then move on because tomorrow is another day, right?

8 comments:

lisa said...

*hug*

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

I'm sorry you had a bad day but don't feel like a wimp. You are a strong, beautiful, caring woman and it will get better!

We all have our moments and you'll def have a brighter day soon :)

Girlie Blogger said...

Oh man so sorry to hear this. Wow. Don't worry, tomorrow will be better.

Kathy said...

hugs girl. sorry you had a bad day but i hope the rest of the week is better.

Erleene said...

Oh dear. Been there. Cried in the bathroom stall at my last job too :( Chin up love.

Kasey Lynne said...

Awww Leesh, I'm so sorry that you had the worst day. I wish we lived close to each other so I could give you a BIG HUG. I hope it gets better from here.

That's awesome that your coworker was there talking with you..that's so sweet of her. No matter how long you've known a person, when someone does a kind thing like that, it doesn't matter. You needed that kindness at that moment and it didn't matter if she was a close friend or not.

<3

Elaine A (TOBeautyReviews) said...

Gah sorry I take so long to read posts :( I've had those days, and I've been at my work place forever. You're not alone, everyone has those moments. It's important to take a step back and look at the overall picture. Is it time to move on? Or just time to step back and separate yourself a bit from your job. Sometimes it neccessary to treat your job and co-workers as things to just deal with and then move on to more important things like real life. Man that probably makes no sense at all but if you need to chat I'm here!

Marz said...

These are the worst days ever. The last couple of weeks I had a series of days like this due to a particular client and I also had to hide out in the bathroom just to cry. And when a sweet co worker is there saying nice things sometimes it makes me cry even more out of their sheer kindness for being there. And when I cry you can tell - my eyes and my nose gets all red and puffy and my skin on my neck and chest get all splotchy. I have to hide out for quite awhile before I can compose myself to go back into the office. Worst feeling ever :( When the anxiety sets in I have to call Micaela on my cell phone so she can comfort me. I hope things have been better for you. Just remember to breathe. We have all been there! I'm here for you if you ever need anything because trust me, I understand!