Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Vday gift to me (and my nails)

I don't celebrate Valentine's Day, and I don't think Mike and I have done dinner or any of that cheesy stuff in ages. What I usually do is buy a Valentine's gift for myself (I don't need a man to buy me anything, lol). Last year, I bought myself a Rose Gold Fossil watch and this year, I kept the same rose gold theme and bought a pair of Stella and Dot earrings.


These Sidewinders Studs are adorable. I love the serpent/snake-like shape. See, what you may not know about me is that when my sister-in-law came back from the Philippines with baby gold hoop earrings for me, it took me about two hours to put them on so I vowed to myself to never take them off. Three years later, I finally got the courage to take them off and I have been enjoying changing up my earrings daily. I ordered these last week and they arrived right in time for me to wear tomorrow for Valentine's Day.

Now since I don't celebrate Valentine's Day, it's a little ironic that I painted my nails pink and red just for this occasion, haha! I really like this red and pink combo so it just made sense to have them like this for tomorrow.


I also may or may not be going out for dinner with Mike tomorrow night. Oh silly me, so against this fake holiday but yet, I buy myself a gift, paint my nails in a Vday theme and now DINNER...what has gotten into me???

Are you celebrating Valentine's Day? If so, what do you do to celebrate?


9 comments:

Kathy said...

i've never celebrated vday; i think it's just a way for companies to get more $$ out of you!!

love the earrings. S&D has so many nice things from their new collection i want to get my ears re-pierced just so i can wear some of their earrings!!

lisa said...

Happy Valentine's Day! I'm not doing anything special today other than going to a yoga class for neck and shoulder tension, but I'm really looking forward to it. :-)

Joanne said...

Hubs & I don't usually celebrate Valentine's day either but a couple of weeks ago when we were about a restaurant we hadn't been to in a long time so we thought we'd just go there on valentines. Hopefully the prices don't go up.

Lin said...

You're adorable! The hubs & I dont do anything for Valentines Day. We got home at 7pm, ate some pizza & are now on our laptops & watching 'Idiot Abroad'. We're so romantic.

Girlie Blogger said...

Beautiful earrings. Super cute manicure. Happy Valentine's!

Kasey Lynne said...

Those earrings are SO cute!

And good job on the nails girl. If I did mine, they would look like a trainwreck! hahaha

cranberryportage said...

My MIL and I watched the SAP Open at the HP Pavillion on Valentine's day, we watched all 5 matches, almost 10 hours. I got home late and Jeff had not had supper so I stopped by KFC and bought our Valentine's dinner(cheap, right). There was no LINE UP. I guess I was the only loser. No cards, No gifts, No flowers, No chocolates. But I have a surprise for him.

Sandy a la Mode said...

LOOOVE those nails girl!!

Marz said...

You are too adorable Leesh! :) I love hearing the little stories about you like the gold hoop earrings. My sister's mother-in-law was just telling me about Stella & Dot over the weekend. Love your earrings and your nails and the way you ended up being so festive for V Day ;)