Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred: Day 1

I have read about Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred from many bloggers and even tweeters. I wanted to give it a try so I bought the DVD. Once I received it, I, of course, did a run through and thought to myself that I might not just make it through the entire workout.

So it sat by my laptop for months. Then enter in my friend, Kat. She tweeted that she was going to do the #30DayShred and wanted to see if anyone wanted to join her. A couple of us accepted her challenge.

And then I got sick...

Here I am, a week behind starting to shred. Last night, I threw in the DVD and prepared myself for some torture. Coming off of the flu, I decided to take it easy. I was almost convinced I was either going to a) throw up or b) pass out. Neither happened but I did start to get a side cramp while doing the cardio portion of circuit 1 - damn jumping jacks!

I pushed my way through the entire workout and was spent. This was at 9:00 pm and once I finished, I was ready for bed. The workout is quite simple but for someone who hasn't worked out in months, it was a challenge. The exercises are basic and it's only a total of 30 minutes of your time. I hope I can continue to do this shred, with some break days of course.

It's awesome to have some friends doing it with you, they may not be physically present doing the workout but it's nice to get the encouragement and support from them via Twitter.

Are you doing the shred or have you done this 30 Day challenge? Did you see results?

2 comments:

GirlieBlogger@Beauty Fashion Blog Seattle said...

I got the same tape. Only made it through the first week. It's hard. Good luck!

Kathy said...

i'm really enjoying myself. i hate to say it, but i actually like doing her workouts as much as i scream and curse her during the whole thing LOL. i'm glad that you all are doing it with me :D