Friday, March 9, 2012

Rogue Theory

When I got my Kobo Touch last June, I got a cover for it that would mimic a book since I was convinced I would be uncomfortable holding an e-reader. A few months later, I decided I just wanted a sleeve to protect it. Rogue Theory on Etsy had to be the most natural choice but as I procrastinated about purchasing a TECHEE sleeve, I missed the deadline to order before the Christmas holidays. I sent the shop a few questions but they never got back to me. I was livid. I couldn't understand why a shop wouldn't return questions (it might have to do with the fact that they were closed for the holidays). In early January, my friend tried to contact them again with no luck. We decided to ban them.

Well, last month, I was fixated on buying a receipt holder and after much researching, Rogue Theory came up as the #1 shop with the best price and fabric choices for this receipt holder I was getting obsessed with owning. I tried to ask the shop owner a question about a custom order and what happens next...an response within five minutes!!! My heart melted and my ban lifted. The shop owner was super sweet and was excited about doing a custom order for the receipt holder. How could I resist? So I ordered the holder and a TECHEE sleeve for my Kobo. In two weeks, my order arrived and I couldn't be happier. How dare I ban them and attempt to put a curse on them. Check out my purchases...

TECHEE sleeve in Zig Zag Blue Red

STASHER in Cosmopolitan

If you are interested in buying a sleeve for your e-reader, iPad, iPhone, or a receipt holder like mine, be sure to check out Rogue Theory's shop.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

lol i remember we both boycotted them for a while! i'm glad that everything worked out and you got what you wanted. they're pretty!

GirlieBlogger@Beauty Fashion Blog Seattle said...

Super cute sleeve. I like anything with dots. Very sweet of the shop owner. Small businesses are so cool.

Kasey Lynne said...

Those are SO cute!

Sandy a la Mode said...

LOVE the zig zag sleeve, so fun!!

Elaine A (TOBeautyReviews) said...

LOL Leesh, so funny! I would sooo do the same thing! Did they ever explain why they never answered your emails? I wonder if something was wrong with the etsy system or their email service. You should tell them, they might not know! When I used to use the Avon website provided by Avon there was something weird with their email eystem so I never gave my email out associated with that site but somehow someone found it anyway and contacted me and I never saw the email for THREE WEEKS! I quickly responded and apologized to them as that is sooo not me and just told them that site was unreliable.

Really cute stuff! I've been debating getting a Kobo for a while now but I got a Playbook in November which has KOBO on it, but it kind of sucks for reading b/c of the glare :(