Thursday, April 19, 2012

AWESOME

Today Neil Pasricha wrote about the #1 Awesome thing. Four years ago, after a dark period in his life, he created a blog and began to count down 1000 awesome things. Along the way, a book was developed and a huge following started. I can't remember exactly when I started to follow his blog.

The one post that is near and dear to me is #566 Unforgettable Friends. I wrote about this post before and the reason it hits home with me is because Neil lost his closest friend (by suicide) and it's the same way I lost my brother. Now because I commented on this post, I met a family who lost their son/brother the same way. The father contacted me through my blog email and a wonderful friendship began. This father helped me open up with how my brother died and in some way, he says that I helped him too. This would never be possible without Neil's blog.

I want to thank Neil for this but for also giving me a good laugh when I read his daily post on something awesome. Life will be a little empty now that the countdown has stopped. If you are not familiar with his blog, I highly recommend it. Or you can even buy one of his books (here and here).

With all that said...go out there today and do or discover something AWESOME!!!!


3 comments:

keltie said...

I've been meaning to read this book but keep forgetting, thanks for the reminder!

No Guts, No Glory said...

Nice post!

ellesy said...

i have never read the blog or the books but i saw neil on breakfast television a while back and was totally intrigued. turns out my friend actually works with neil and he is supposed to be quite awesome in person as well. it looks like i am going to have to catch up on some reading! thank you for posting this.