Sunday, April 1, 2012

San Jose, here we come


Mike and I will be leaving in five days to go visit my mom and stepdad in San Jose, California. Since we found a mutual week that we could both take off, we decided to visit my mom (she won't be coming to visit me this year). I really hope for some sunny warm weather while we are there. Back when we were there in April 2008 and November 2010, we were blessed with out of the ordinary warm weather. Although we plan to just relax, spend some time with my mom and hopefully shop, we have some touristy things in mind, along with some good eats.  The one thing I am looking forward to is Easter lunch or dinner. This past Christmas, my mom, stepdad and all their guests teased Mike and I with all the food they were eating. Finally, we get to enjoy it live in person, rather than see it over Skype or FaceTime. I am also looking forward to seeing my cousin Marilen, Jeff's mom Annette (she's a hoot) and Gamble (Jeff's grandson who we talk to on the phone twice a month). Here is some of the places we will go to while we are there:





***




Monterrey / Carmel / Santa Cruz


***



Target


If you have been to San Jose or live in the area, I will gladly take any recommendations for places to shop, restaurants, tourist attractions, even food trucks.

Okay, I better get back to packing...

12 comments:

cranberryportage said...

Five more sleeps and it looks like the sun and the warm weather will be waiting for you and Mike.
We were able to get a turkey for Easter dinner. Annette will be busy this week baking your favorite cookies. SD has been busy trying to finish the fireplace hearth and mantle. We are so looking forward to your visit. I better get the B&B ready.

lisa said...

Have fun! Enjoy the sun!

No Guts, No Glory said...

The Boiling Crab is overrated, but worth going once for the experience.

See you soon!

No Guts, No Glory said...

The Boiling Crab is overrated, but worth going once for the experience. I found the "whole shebang" to be very salty. If you go, I think you can ask for the less salty version.

See you soon!

Elisse said...

Have a wonderful time on your trip! Enjoy the time with your Mom - I'm sure she'll spoil you to bits!

Kathy said...

have a great time!!!

Ai said...

So excited for you both ;) have an amazing trip!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Yay! You're going to have a great trip!

It's been a bit colder than usual but hopefully it warms up for you! Dafe travels :)

Lin said...

A trip to CA...so excited for you! I'm sure you all are going to have a blast together. Have fun visiting all those places, especially the food trucks (love them!).

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Sounds like an awesome and fun trip...enjoy!!

Elaine A (TOBeautyReviews) said...

Have a great trip Leesh!

ellesy said...

hope you're having a great time!!! :)