Sunday, April 22, 2012

San Jose recap

Mike and I spent eight full days with my mom and stepdad in San Jose. While we were expecting some sunny weather, we got four gorgeous days and four rainy days but it didn't stop us from having fun. We did lots of shopping (Target, Payaya, Charlotte Russe, Nike, Cole Haan, Converse, Hurley, Fossil, Carter's, Solstice, Forever 21, H & M and many, many more) and eating. We went and did the 17 mile drive, saw the ocean, golf courses and had lunch at Pebble Beach. We walked around Santana Row. We went to Winchester Mystery House and got to try donuts from Psycho Donuts. We ate home-cooked meals, had Easter dinner with family and friends (along with an easter egg hunt for me and Mike), we watched TV, played some Wii and spent a day hanging out with Gamble (their grandson). Overall, it was just an amazing time with my mom and stepdad. The eight days went by so quickly and we left with tears in our eyes (well, just me and my mom). Here are some photos from the trip...

First meal made by my mom - shrimp tacos

me and SD

my mom and Mike (my mom's face is hilarious)

Santana Row - I love this place

me and my mom by the beach (17 mile drive)

by the Lone Cypress tree

18th hole at Pebble Beach

silliness at Winchester Mystery House

Ginger Beer Mojito at PFChangs - oh how I miss you

crispy green beans at PFChangs happy hour

experiencing sushi boat for the first time

hanging out with Gamble

trying to re-create Zac Efron's photo shoot from Men's Health
What I learned from this trip:
  • DO NOT go to Winchester Mystery House. It's a tourist trap. It's expensive and not worth it!
  • Go do the 17 mile drive. I do not like golf at all but the courses are beautiful and scenic.
  • Psycho Donuts is pretty cool. They have ginormous donuts. 
  • PF Changs' happy hour is awesome. I need one here so I can eat everything and drink those delicious Ginger Beer Mojitos.
  • Keurig was my new best friend. I had a coffee every morning and I am not a coffee drinker.
  • Blue Moon is delicious, why don't we get Blue Moon in Toronto?
  • I am a sock bun master.
  • My mom is a pretty good cook. She never cooked that much when I lived with her. She's always cooking something and there's tons of leftovers to eat.
  • My stepdad's electric car is cool. I love how when it backs up, you don't even hear it or realize that it's moving.
It sucked to be back home. It was nice to be pampered and spoiled by my mom. We came home to no food and lots of laundry to do. Hopefully we will be back to visit again soon!

Check out my mom's blog, she's got some type of contest going on....I think you have to look through some of her posts for seven questions that she asked. Email her your answers, that's it, it's pretty simple...


8 comments:

in HER shoes said...

no blue moon in TDOT?! sorry about that.
your mom reminds me of my mom, she seems goofy too! the FOOD!!! yes, i love PF chang's too. sooo glad you had a good time!

kat said...

that pic of mike trying to do that zac efron shot made me LOL. the only thing that was missing from the shot was zac efron hahaha!

looks like you had a fantabulous trip and your moms seems all kinds of awesome! glad that you got to spend lots of time your family.

Leesh said...

Hey - that's me trying to do the Zac Efron shot!

Claire Kiefer said...

Cute pictures--the Zac Efron one is hilarious!!! Glad you had such a good time with your mom and stepdad. It's always hard to leave family! And yum, P.F. Chang . . . I was just there last Sunday and it was delish!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Really? You didn't like the Winchester House? I loved it. But I had seen so many history specials on it that I'd wanted to go for a long time. Plus I love haunted stuff.

You and your mom look so much alike!

Glad you had a great trip :)

Kasey Lynne said...

Okay, I loved this!!!

Your mom's face in that photo...HILARIOUS!!! I couldn't stop laughing.

You guys don't get Blue Moon up there?!?! OMG something is VERY wrong.

Lin said...

Yay for TONS of shopping! I'm so glad you had a good time visiting. The last photo of you in the net totally had me laughing out lout, you're hilarious!

The hubs & I have always wanted to visit the Winchester house so thanks for the heads up on that. Also, a Keurig will change you life. I need one :/

ellesy said...

your mom is so cute! it looks like you had a great time. :)